Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon Store Card Approval - $1200 to CLI $4000

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval - $1200 to CLI $4000

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved 3 days ago for the Amazon Prime Store Card with a SL of $800 but I am curious abou this backdoor number you called for the increase. I'd like to give it a try. Can you share the number or the thread link?

I was also approved at HH Gregg for $1200 and Cap One Platinum for $500. I may give the same trick a try with HH Gregg. I have been debating trying for a Wal-Mart card too but I haven't done it yet. Perhaps with this thread I may do it and then try for the increase immediately if I am approved.

EDIT: I found the number and called. I was denied any increase at all on Amazon and did not attempt for HH Gregg. I applied for Wal-Mart immediately after and was approved for $800.

Try an increase on Walmart also.  If no on that also, give it a try again after 1 statement on all of them... Synch can be a very odd bank and give increases on 1 card but not the other, or give increases on 3 cards but not a 4th... and sometimes it's only a  month, sometimes it's 6 months! so ask every month until you get one and then wait like 3-4 and ask again for more!

Message 21 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was just approved 3 days ago for the Amazon Prime Store Card with a SL of $800 but I am curious abou this backdoor number you called for the increase. I'd like to give it a try. Can you share the number or the thread link?

I was also approved at HH Gregg for $1200 and Cap One Platinum for $500. I may give the same trick a try with HH Gregg. I have been debating trying for a Wal-Mart card too but I haven't done it yet. Perhaps with this thread I may do it and then try for the increase immediately if I am approved.

EDIT: I found the number and called. I was denied any increase at all on Amazon and did not attempt for HH Gregg. I applied for Wal-Mart immediately after and was approved for $800.

Did you try for a CLI with HH Gregg? Sorry, I just saw that you responded to the post or I would have answered yesterday.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditAddict:

No, I did not try for an increase on the Wal-Mart. I called about the Amazon increase before I finished my application for Wal-Mart.

@HSXAGENT:

No, I did not try for the increase with HH Gregg.

I should also mention something very interesting that happened. After the denial on the Amazon CLI and the acceptance of the Wal-Mart card, I was shopping on Amazon for something I needed. My total was $79 and during checkout it said that if I apply for the Amazon Visa card and get approved that I would get a $70 Amazon gift card. I figured what the heck and gave it a whirl. To my surprise, I was approved for that card with a $4,000 credit limit! That completely blew me away and my purchase ended up being $9. This brings my total to 5 cards in the last 5 days which I am extremely satisfied with. I am very happy with the cards chosen, too, as they are all stores I shop at or they have benefits I will use. My total available credit went from $0 to $7,300 in 5 days. I am beyond surprised and excited with my progress and outcome(s). Now to get the only 2 negative marks removed from my report, if possible.

Message 23 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Amazon Visa = Chase!!!

AWESOME! 

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

Amazon Visa = Chase!!!

AWESOME! 

Right! I was just so blown away that I was not only approved but that my limit was so high! I am going to work on paying these cards off in the next month or 2 (all my purchases have 0% interest for 6 months) and then just use them minimally to keep them active and hope I am able to increase the limits.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
To my surprise, I was approved for that card with a $4,000 credit limit! That completely blew me away and my purchase ended up being $9. This brings my total to 5 cards in the last 5 days which I am extremely satisfied with. I am very happy with the cards chosen, too, as they are all stores I shop at or they have benefits I will use. My total available credit went from $0 to $7,300 in 5 days. I am beyond surprised and excited with my progress and outcome(s). Now to get the only 2 negative marks removed from my report, if possible.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! THAT IS AMAZING!!!

WTG!!!

Try for the CLI with Walmart/HH Gregg like CreditAddict suggested- it is a sp and you might be pleasently surprised.

Can I be a little Jelly regarding the Amazon Visa, lol...

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
To my surprise, I was approved for that card with a $4,000 credit limit! That completely blew me away and my purchase ended up being $9. This brings my total to 5 cards in the last 5 days which I am extremely satisfied with. I am very happy with the cards chosen, too, as they are all stores I shop at or they have benefits I will use. My total available credit went from $0 to $7,300 in 5 days. I am beyond surprised and excited with my progress and outcome(s). Now to get the only 2 negative marks removed from my report, if possible.

WTG!!!

Try for the CLI with Walmart/HH Gregg like CreditAddict suggested- it is a sp and you might be pleasently surprised.

Yea dude! I have absolutely no idea how I got approved at all, let alone for that amount!

I will give the other 2 store cards a try for the credit increase. Does it matter that the Wal-Mart card was just opened yesterday and the HH Gregg card was opened 5 days ago and has a $500 balance currently? The only reason I didn't bother trying was because all 3 cards are through Synchrony and they denied the Amazon store card. When I called in to try they asked me how much I wanted. I followed what I read in another thread and asked for $10,000 even though the current limit is $800. Many people said that they came back with a counter offer, sometimes around $4,000, so I just followed the trend.

I will give them a call within the next hour or 2 and try for the other cards.

Thanks!

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WTG!!!

Yea dude! I have absolutely no idea how I got approved at all, let alone for that amount!

I will give the other 2 store cards a try for the credit increase. Does it matter that the Wal-Mart card was just opened yesterday and the HH Gregg card was opened 5 days ago and has a $500 balance currently? The only reason I didn't bother trying was because all 3 cards are through Synchrony and they denied the Amazon store card. When I called in to try they asked me how much I wanted. I followed what I read in another thread and asked for $10,000 even though the current limit is $800. Many people said that they came back with a counter offer, sometimes around $4,000, so I just followed the trend.

I will give them a call within the next hour or 2 and try for the other cards.

Thanks!

I would be lying if I said I knew but yea ask for 10K and see if they counter.

I'm excited for you and I hope to hear good news!

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! How awesome is that?! Congratulations and may you have many many more such teary moments. Smiley Happy
Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.