Legendary Contributor

Re: Amazon Store Card Approval

@RebuildingAgain14 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thank you, everyone. 

Does anyone find it strange that I was approved for Amazon but not Wal-Mart?  Particularly since I app'd same day?

Thanks.

GE never makes since!

I was able to go from $637 Sams to $8k but denied a penny for Walmart which was open over a month longer and has a $600 limit (maybe 900 now, I loose track without looking)

it will really blow your mind when you get the card and setup online account and start a chat and request a CLI for $10k and what they offer you back!

Is that something I should do right away? 

yup, once you get the card and setup online account access.

Gotcha! Thanks for the pointer, CA! Any others (in general) considering my profile?

Thanks again!!

comenity I call the automated system each month as soon as the statement cuts and ask for a cli through the automated system and tell it no for do you want a certain amount... if it grants increase, I repeat like I just started teh phone call and ask for cli.

cap1 request online every 6 months or through EO for a manual review if denied online after 6 months.

Message 21 of 29
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thank you, everyone. 

Does anyone find it strange that I was approved for Amazon but not Wal-Mart?  Particularly since I app'd same day?

Thanks.

GE never makes since!

I was able to go from $637 Sams to $8k but denied a penny for Walmart which was open over a month longer and has a $600 limit (maybe 900 now, I loose track without looking)

it will really blow your mind when you get the card and setup online account and start a chat and request a CLI for $10k and what they offer you back!

Gotcha! Thanks for the pointer, CA! Any others (in general) considering my profile?

Thanks again!!

comenity I call the automated system each month as soon as the statement cuts and ask for a cli through the automated system and tell it no for do you want a certain amount... if it grants increase, I repeat like I just started teh phone call and ask for cli.

cap1 request online every 6 months or through EO for a manual review if denied online after 6 months.

Alright--I appreciate the advice!! :-)

Starting Scores: EQ 542/TU 500/EX 513
Current Scores: EQ 611/TU 611/EX 628
Goal Score: All 700+

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 22 of 29
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thank you, everyone. 

Thanks.

GE never makes since!

Thanks again!!

Hey CA... I'm chatting right now... The rep is saying he can't tell if the CLI request will be a HP or a SP. He said that is determined by 'internal factors'...

Cap One Secured ($750/$701 'unsecured'), Cap One QS1($1000), Victoria's Secret ($250), Brylane Home ($500), Amazon Store Card ($600)
Message 23 of 29
RebuildingAgain14
Valued Member

Update: was informed that CLI was not approved, and wait 7-10 days  for letter explaining why... 

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same denial letter except the increase was there when I logged in

Message 25 of 29
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Thank you, everyone. 

Thanks.

GE never makes since!

Thanks again!!

Hey CA... I'm chatting right now... The rep is saying he can't tell if the CLI request will be a HP or a SP. He said that is determined by 'internal factors'...

Don't ASK!

it's not a HP and if they ever said it was, just say yup sure.. .okay... give me an increase! it's NOT A HP!

Message 26 of 29
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

+1

NEVER ASK!

It's always SP ONLY

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

The matrix of asking for an increase 1x a month AFTER The statement cuts is a good idea.

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.