cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approval!!

tag
nuyorican9452
Valued Member

American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approval!!

Hello everybody, I'd just like to let everyone know that I got instantly approved for the Blue Cash Everyday Card!  It all started because AMEX kept sending me pre-selected letters in the mail for all of their cards ranging from gold and green, to Zinc and Blue Sky. So I finally get the pre-selected letter for the Blue Cash Everyday, a card that I'm actually interested in, and got instantly approved!!!

My credit (Equifax) consists of the following at the time I applied:

22 years old

Oldest account opened 12/2009

Income I put: $30,000

My Accounts-

Chase Freedom (5/2010): $4,500

Chase Sapphire (6/2012): $5,000

Chase Student (12/2009): $1,500

Discover More (1/2011): $1,500

All low Utlization (4-6%) and instantly approved

Ford Credit New Auto Loan (2/2012): $18,000 remaining balance

Ford Credit Used Auto Loan (4/2012) (Co-sign): $9,500 remaining balance

Not sure what my scores are, but right now I don't care! LOL

Prior to appliying with AMEX, I got denied by Citi for their AT&T Rewards & Savings Card. I'm still fighting with them now; it is up in Citi Executive Review being processed. Denied for too many inquiries (14 INQs in the past 2 years, 6 in the last year). Had a very nice lady saying she will get back to me in a few days. We exchanged direct phone numbers to stay in contact. Who knows, maybe I'll get 2 CCs within a month! Either way I'm still excited! It goes to show that if one denies you (especially for a dumb reason), another will gladly approve you. I was honestly worried about the INQs, but eventually went and bite the bullet. I will keep you guys posted on the CL for AMEX, and the status with Citi.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
eviLution
Established Contributor

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday Approval!!

Damn, 3+ years of credit to get preapproval for BCE?!?! I got a long way to go LOL

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 2 of 18
Epcot
Valued Contributor

That's great, Congrats on the approval!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 3 of 18
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

The BCE is a great card!  Congrats on your approval!

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 4 of 18
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats! Nice set of cards too. Didnt know chase has a student card. Dont forget to do the 3x cli after 61 days.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 5 of 18
slippy84
Contributor

Wow that's a great approval! Did you get a targeted signup bonus offer or the normal 100$ one on their site?
US Bank Cash+ -- Chase Freedom -- Citi Dividend -- Citi Double Cash -- AMEX BCE -- Discover It
Message 6 of 18
nuyorican9452
Valued Member

Well at the time that I opened it (12/2009), Chase had this card called the Chase +1 Student Card. I work for Chase, they discontinued it. The freedom would be the next card closest to it.

Message 7 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I have a Citi Diamond Pref app up at Citi Exec review too! I'm hoping they will approve me soon! Congrats on the BCE!!! I love mine!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 8 of 18
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@slippy84 wrote:
Wow that's a great approval! Did you get a targeted signup bonus offer or the normal 100$ one on their site?

+1. I was also wondering the same thing. The targeted offer is $250 instead of $100.

Message 9 of 18
nuyorican9452
Valued Member

I'll have to check back on the letter but I think it's the standard intro offer.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.