Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday CArd

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Blue Cash Everyday CArd

I've been working to improve my credit since last summer. In August 2017, I applied for a Capital One Credit card based on CK suggestion was approved for a CL of $300, Sept received a pre-approval for Credit One and was also approved for a CL of 300 . I had two old medical collection accounts and 2 Derogatory charged off credit cards from First Premier bank. In January 2017 both companies increased my CL to $500. I later applied for a Discover card in Jan and was approved for $9,600 (they did a soft pull as I have no inquiries on my credit from Discover). Fast forward to March 13 and three inquiries later... Accord ing to CK my current Equifax is 703 and My TU increased to 693 on March 13. I'm not getting better credit card offers instead of the low balance build your credit cards. After reading the reviews from other customers, I was a little skeptical of applying because of my inquiries and derogatory items on my credit report. CK suggested this card so i went to  creditcards.com to see which cards I could pre-qualify for and AMEX Premier Gold and Everyday Blue Everyday and chose to give the latter a try since it's a revolving card and  has no annual fee. To my surprise I was approved instantly for $4000. They did an Experian pull (includes two derogatory First Premier credit cards). My credit score decreased (was 671 now its 670) 1 point but I'm ok. The goal is to get rid of the Credit One Card because it's good for Credit building not much else. I'll update my review once I actually use the card.

Capital One Platinum MC- $500

Credit One Visa-$500

Discover Card- $9600

AMEX Everyday Blue Card -$4000

703-EQ

693-TU (3/12 update)

EX- 671

(2 Derogatory credit card accounts from First Premier)

12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Blue Cash Everyday CArd

Wow very impressive for just over 6 months of rebuilding!

Be conservative on your spending and make sure to make all you payments,

PIF to avoid interest.

Check on the forum for removing the derogs if possible. 

Congrats  and Good luck!

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals. Remember, you now have access to FICO scores from Discover & AmEx

Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you. I definitely plan to use only what I can afford and will pay the balance in full every month. The same way I did with Capital One and Credit One. I've paid off Credit One and plan to cut it up. I'm not going to cancel it just yet but I don't plan to use it. The annual fee will bill around September of this year, I will cancel before it bills.

Message 4 of 13
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the AMEX Clubhouse! There's Parcheesi in the parlour and Rummy in the den. Jeeves! Get this new member a hot toddy! Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 13
Sneakytiki
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the nice approval and the rebuild!

Starting Score-(01/2017): FICO ||EX:575--EQ:549--TU:588||
Current Score--(04/2018): FICO ||EX:686--EQ:697--TU:715||

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex approval and successful build so far

Message 7 of 13
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

NiceSmiley Happy
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Great work!

Message 9 of 13
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:

I've been working to improve my credit since last summer. In August 2017, I applied for a Capital One Credit card based on CK suggestion was approved for a CL of $300, Sept received a pre-approval for Credit One and was also approved for a CL of 300 . I had two old medical collection accounts and 2 Derogatory charged off credit cards from First Premier bank. In January 2017 both companies increased my CL to $500. I later applied for a Discover card in Jan and was approved for $9,600 (they did a soft pull as I have no inquiries on my credit from Discover). Fast forward to March 13 and three inquiries later... Accord ing to CK my current Equifax is 703 and My TU increased to 693 on March 13. I'm not getting better credit card offers instead of the low balance build your credit cards. After reading the reviews from other customers, I was a little skeptical of applying because of my inquiries and derogatory items on my credit report. CK suggested this card so i went to  creditcards.com to see which cards I could pre-qualify for and AMEX Premier Gold and Everyday Blue Everyday and chose to give the latter a try since it's a revolving card and  has no annual fee. To my surprise I was approved instantly for $4000. They did an Experian pull (includes two derogatory First Premier credit cards). My credit score decreased (was 671 now its 670) 1 point but I'm ok. The goal is to get rid of the Credit One Card because it's good for Credit building not much else. I'll update my review once I actually use the card.

Capital One Platinum MC- $500

Credit One Visa-$500

Discover Card- $9600

AMEX Everyday Blue Card -$4000

703-EQ

693-TU (3/12 update)

EX- 671

(2 Derogatory credit card accounts from First Premier)

Congrats on the approval! If I were you, I would close that Credit One card right now. You only need 3 revolving trade lines for Fico scoring purposes, and your accounts are all so new that you barely have a 4 month AAOA, so you don’t need to worry about score dings. It’s only $500 of credit, so it’s not like you really need it. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.