Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Blue ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

American Express Blue ?

I was approved on May 7th got my card and have been using it regularly.  For the 61day 3x CLI should my balance be paid off in full before I request the CLI in July or not?  I want to do a balance transfer on it but am afraid if I do and it is not paid off by then that I will be denied. My credit limit is only $3200 and balance transfer would be about $1400. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
alexl22
Regular Contributor

Re: American Express Blue ?

you can apply for a cli now if you like, you no longer need to wait the 61 days. I received mine SL 3.5k and requested online 3x cli and was approved for 10.5k.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

do they do another experian pull because mine went down a few points due to applying to them and one other? Should I wait til payments post and it refects on my credit reports for my other accounts there are six that will show a zero balance.

Message 3 of 6
alexl22
Regular Contributor

It's fully at your own discrestion and YMMV, but I am pretty sure they use the same pull as for the approval. If you are denied you will need to wait 90 days, approved 180 for the next one. So its the difference of about 30 days if you are denied now(90 days wait) or wait for the 61 day mark. So if you expect your profile to improve over the next 60 days then it might be best to wait. Once again YMMV.

Starting Score: myFICO TU: 542, myFICO EQ: 556 EX: 549 (03/2013)
Current Score: 729 TU, EQ: 702, EX 724

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

good luck

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

do they do another experian pull because mine went down a few points due to applying to them and one other? Should I wait til payments post and it refects on my credit reports for my other accounts there are six that will show a zero balance.

They don't do a fresh sp when you apply for a cli. They use the score you had when they did the last "secret" sp on you. If your scores were lower than when they gave you the card, you may want to wait a month to let them update and do a new secret sp.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.