Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Express Delta Skymiles Question - Update: Approved

tag
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

American Express Delta Skymiles Question - Update: Approved

I received a mailer last week that said an invitation to apply for Skymiles Members Only.

It offers 35000 bonus miles after spending $1000 in the first 3 months....also a $5 statement credit after a Delta purchase in the first 3 months.

I have applied for this card before, but was denied about a year and a half ago.

The APR for this card is 16.49%, it doesn't have a range.

My TransUnion score is FICO® Score 8....664, My Experian score is 660 FICO® Score 8.

Do you think I have a chance with this this time? Usually an offer from them always had a range in the APR.

I updated your subject to reflect your approval... feel free to edit if you would like.  --UB

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: American Express Delta Skymiles Question

Pull the trigger! Amex prequals are pretty solid
Message 2 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

I forgot to add, I got a second offer for the same card today....I guess it's been a week since the first offer.....exact same offer, only the RSVP code is one number different.

The first one I got a week ago started with a D324 followed by 10 numbers. The one I got today starts with D325, and then the exact same 10 numbers.

Message 3 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Well, I guess I am out of the garden now......I went ahead and went for it and was approved! $4000 starting limit! I am over the moon! This was the card I have wanted for years! I always fly Delta, so I will use the miles.

Message 4 of 9
JGGM
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! I happen to like the card a lot. I easily hit the spend in 3 months for bonus miles and also earned another 30,000 miles by referring three people to the card so I have a little over 60,000 miles after having the card a few months. If I plan right, that's basically two round trips to places I had been looking to fly to. 

Current Score 7-1-21: TU: 812 EX: 805 EQ: 839
Goal Score:ACHIEVED - 800 Across the Board
In My Wallet: Cap1 QS - PenFed Power Cash Rewards - PenFed Promise - AmEx Delta Platinum - DISCO - NFCU Cash Rewards - Chase Sapphire Preferred

Message 5 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@JGGM wrote:

Congrats! I happen to like the card a lot. I easily hit the spend in 3 months for bonus miles and also earned another 30,000 miles by referring three people to the card so I have a little over 60,000 miles after having the card a few months. If I plan right, that's basically two round trips to places I had been looking to fly to. 

I won't have any trouble hitting the spend either! I usually fly Delta when I go to visit family. I really was so happy to get this card, as I was denied when I applied outright about a year and a half ago, and then 7 months ago. I am guessing that I got this offer from Delta Skymiles, as all of my frequent flyer info was filled in on the inserts in the envelope...but I was really surprised at the $4000 SL.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!! I must say I am totally jealous!! When I was approved for this card last year I was only given a CL of $1k. Smiley Sad 

Message 7 of 9
Berk
Established Contributor

@CountryLivin wrote:

Well, I guess I am out of the garden now......I went ahead and went for it and was approved! $4000 starting limit! I am over the moon! This was the card I have wanted for years! I always fly Delta, so I will use the miles.

Wow! Good for you! Enjoy the card!

Message 8 of 9
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

The best thing about this approval is that it is 2 months now and still no HP on my reports!!!  Smiley Very Happy Now I have to figure out when I can ask for a CLI!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.