Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

American Kennel Club Visa approval

tag
fritscher
Regular Contributor

American Kennel Club Visa approval

Hi..i recently applied for the AKC Visa (commenity bank) online..when i put in my app i got message that sorry we are unable to process at this time..I was  concerned that if I tried to do it again I may get hit with double inquiry..I did find the number and called..they said that it indeed went through and i was approved for $8000 credit line..I never got any email confirmation and did not yet receive my card..but it has only been 8 days..I am hoping all is good and i get my card soon..I am excited bout having that card as I have 4 dogsSmiley Happy Any one else have this card and are you happy with it?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: American Kennel Club Visa approval

Congrats!! I have this card and after the first 6 months, you can get a CLI every 4 months. Mine is at 30k (I think that's my max). I customized it with a picture of my dog. The APR is low by Comenity standards (14% in my case). I usually just use it at the Vet or Petsmart.
Message 2 of 12
happypill
Valued Contributor

I'm happy with the card and it's nice if you have a pet.  I use it at the Vet's office for the 3% rewards.  They were very generous with the initial limit and I've received increases on the regular comenity schedule for me (6 months for the first, then every 4 months thereafter).  Increases have been around $2-3k, don't remember exactly.

My vet bill each year is almost always higher than my personal medical expenses, so if you have 4 dogs, you'll definitely be abel to earn some rewards.  And yes, it's very nice to be able to add a picture of my dog.

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

what Fico score of the approved applicants? hard card to get and who do they pull?

Message 4 of 12
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

what's Fico score of the approved applicants? hard card to get and who do they pull?

I'd be interested in knowing this also!

Message 5 of 12
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

8 k buys alot of dog foodSmiley Happy
Message 6 of 12
BPebbles
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the new card! 

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I run a farm and travel to the vet a lot would love to have this card...would you be willing to share your Fico score ect when you were approved for this card to help others?

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

guess we aren't going to get any Fico scores at the time of approval??? or information that might help others? kinda a wasted thread lol

Message 9 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

675ish+ eq/exp wiith no BK should get you an aoorival on this card or any commentity major(mc/visa) for the most part.  Obviously othr factors beyond score can play role in approval/denial

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.