cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 6 month 3x 7-10 day message, but credit limit available shows the new amount.

tag
Financiers
Valued Member

Amex 6 month 3x 7-10 day message, but credit limit available shows the new amount.

I apologize for the atrociuos title, but I had a hard time minimizing the details.  Basically I had a credit limit of 4,700 and asked for an increase to 14,100.  I got the 7-10 day message, which I understand to mean that it was most likely denied.  However, when I was on my account "main page" it shows that the new credit available was now 14,100.  Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 6 month 3x 7-10 day message, but credit limit available shows the new amount.

Sounds like it was granted. Not had this happen to me, but if the available credit increased, it likely means your CLI was granted. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 6 month 3x 7-10 day message, but credit limit available shows the new amount.

Congrats on the cli.

Message 3 of 17
Financiers
Valued Member

I'm hoping so! This would be my biggest credit limit yet.  Thanks on the congrats, but I want to be 100% sure, haha.  I think I'm going to call them later in the day.   Thanks again everyone!

Message 4 of 17
baller4life
Super Contributor

It was approved. Congrats! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Financiers wrote:

I apologize for the atrociuos title, but I had a hard time minimizing the details.  Basically I had a credit limit of 4,700 and asked for an increase to 14,100.  I got the 7-10 day message, which I understand to mean that it was most likely denied.  However, when I was on my account "main page" it shows that the new credit available was now 14,100.  Has anyone experienced something like this?

Thanks in advance!

Your CLI has been granted, sometimes only takes minutes to update from a 7-10 day message, congrats Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 17
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Lots of people have been posting about receiving 7 - 10 day message, then later in the day the approval comes through.  Looks like your request was granted.Smiley Very Happy

Congrats!

Message 7 of 17
FlawlessShineAutoSpa
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval for your 3x Cli for your Amex card! Continue Success in The World of Credit Cards!

American Express Blue Cash Everyday $2000 •• Cap1 Venture One $10K
Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard $1500 •• Chase Freedom Visa $3500
Cap 1 Quicksilver Visa $5000 •• Cap 1 Quicksilver Mastecard $2000
Syncrhrony $1500 •• Citi Double Cash $1700 •• Cap1 Spark Classic $2000
Credit One Visa $500

Message 8 of 17
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 17
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Congratulations..
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.