Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61 day 3X CLI - what's next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 61 day 3X CLI - what's next?

I have had my Amex card long enough to get the 3X CLI and I got it.  What is Amex policy for future CLI's - amounts and timing?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 61 day 3X CLI - what's next?

6 months now for any account -- all your CLIs are on the same history so you have to pick one account.

Not specifics there -- whatever your income supports.  If you ask for too much it'll error out and ask for income verification so just back out and try a lower number until no IV and see if they approve it or counter.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. Will Amex auto CLI or do I need to ask for it?

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks. Will Amex auto CLI or do I need to ask for it?

The rule is:

1. Only brand new Amex customers (or customers who have never done a CLI ever) can do the 61 day 3X CLI.
  2. AFTER that first CLI, all future manually requested CLIs need to come at the 6 month mark (see the Amex 3X CLI megapost first post for details)
  3. Amex may give you auto-CLIs based on your spend, your payments, your FICO score, your income reported, other lenders giving you higher limits, etc.

So #2 (manually requested CLIs) every 6 months from your PREVIOUS manually requested CLI.  Auto CLIs don't affect your manual CLI calendar.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.