cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 statement cuts

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 statement cuts

I was originally approved for $5000 CL on my Amex ED and the original email said I could get an increase after 5 statement cuts. I always heard on these forums about the 61 day 3x rule and wondered if it would work for me since I got the 5 statements email.
Tried this morning.

Boom!
15k limit! My highest credit limit by far!

Love me some Amex.
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 state

Wow CGuru that is awesome super congratulations! 😊
Message 2 of 23
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Amex 61 day 3x CLI even after initially got the "will raise your credit limit after 5 state

That's really amazing CGuru. A big CONGRATULATIONS to you!!

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Been rebuilding for this past year. Feels good to be trusted with a high limit Smiley Happy
I always PIF my cards
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

It seems like that 5 statement thing is being given to everybody... Another person on here got the same thing after being approved with just a $500 SL... He's under the impression it's a "credit steps" thing like CapOne has... Hmmm

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just responded on that thread Smiley Happy

It definitely is confusing especially since the 61 day thing still worked for me!
Message 6 of 23
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Has anyone heard when they started that 5 month thing? Clearly it goes back to February since the OP got t then. I guess it doesnt matter really since you can obviously get the 3X CLI but it might be good to know. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 7 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

My 61day will be at the end of May

With the 3x...
Do you just call and say Triple Size me, Please?
Or what

Exactly, what do you literally ask for when doing this process?
TIA
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
My 61day will be at the end of May

With the 3x...
Do you just call and say Triple Size me, Please?
Or what

Exactly, what do you literally ask for when doing this process?
TIA

LoL@triple size

It's simple. On the AMEX CLI screen under credit management, you'll enter the total limit you want. For instance, if you have 1k, you'd enter 3k. 2k>6k. It's 3 times your current limit. Don't enter the difference, as that'll get you the actual difference, not the full 3X.

Message 9 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so this is an online process only not a CSR via phone deal like the initial approval?
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.