Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval - Finally!

tag
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

Amex Approval - Finally!

Unlike the last three months, the Amex prequalify site not only gave me a prequal, but the link to apply actually followed through with the same terms!

Took the chance, and applied for the Blue Cash Everyday card and BAM... $15,000 instant approval with a 17.49% APR.  Not fantastic, but pretty good considering a year ago all my cards were 24% and up!

Makes room to drop even more dead weight from the wallet.  There go the rest of the store cards (other than Amazon Prime).

Happy February to me.  lol

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Approval - Finally!

Congrats! That is a very healthy starting limit from Amex! They have been known to lower APRs so give it some usage and time and request a lower APR and see what happens. 

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

nice SL Congrats

Message 3 of 13
Dalmus
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats! That is a very healthy starting limit from Amex! They have been known to lower APRs so give it some usage and time and request a lower APR and see what happens. 

Yeah, I'm surprised at the limit.  I think it could be so high partially because of the NFCU limit.

But with such a large SL, I think I'm pushing the limits of what my available credit should be from a creditor standpoint...  A year ago I never thought I'd be in the position to need to seriously prune because I had *too much* credit!

NFCU MR: $25K | Venture: $21K | Amex ED: $18K | NFCU CR: $18K | Amex BCE: $15K | IT #1: $17.5K | PNC Core: $15K | PPMC:  $12K | Wells Fargo: $11K | Savor: 12K | Cap1 QS: $8.5K | Barclays Rewards: $7.75K | IT #2: $7.3K | MLife: $9.5K | Sportsman's Guide: $8.7K | PenFed PR: $5.5K | Elan Plat: $2.3K | TRV: $3.6K | BotW: $3K

Current FICO 8 Scores: EQ: 828| TU: 805 | EX: 814

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Happy February indeed! Very nice starting CL! 

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good job and enjoy it.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

😁😃<____!!!!!!!!NOIIICE!!!!!!!_____>😃😁

Your approval is awesome

Message 7 of 13
MRsolis
Regular Contributor

Congrats man!! That is a nice limit and APR. I tried applying for this card because I just got two others with Amex, but they denied me for:

Thank you for applying for Blue Cash Everyday® from American Express. We are writing to let you know that, unfortunately, we cannot approve your application at this time.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

Your FICO® score (see below)

They didn't list any other reason for the denial so at least I know I just have to increase my score which is currently at 644. So this card has a minimum score requirement. 

Message 8 of 13
JustBPatient
Established Contributor

Congrats OP!!

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! It's a good feeling being in the AMEX family now too! Way to go!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.