Established Member
RavenNation

Re: Amex Approval

SnackTrader: I'm fairly new to credit in general...I got a auto loan in my name in 2010. I got a capital one for $500, chase freedom at $3000, Kay Jewelers for $4800, and a credit union for $500. I got 3 of them last year and the chase freedom this year. I had a Amex green card in April and then canceled it in August because I didn't want it anymore. I don't have no bad credit, a couple thousand in student loans (still in college) and in August I had a score of 702 from my credit union but I don't know from what bureau and only a 699 from equifax last month. And income is around $35k.

Webhopper: I think I just got lucky actually because my scores aren't great just average. I've carried a balance on two of my cards but they were in the introductory period so I never paid interest.
Regular Contributor
patsfan1453

I want to PC to the BCE, such a great no AF card...would much rather have cash back than points...

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Established Member
RavenNation

I cant wait to start using mine too. I'm going to push all my purchases through it and pretty much use my other cards occasionally to keep them active. But I will use my Chase Freedom whenever the 5% rolls around for restaurants and gas since it would be better than the BCE. 

Valued Contributor
bs6054

patsfan1453 wrote:

I want to PC to the BCE, such a great no AF card...would much rather have cash back than points...

I see a lot of talk about BCE.   Why is this better than say PenFed Platinum Rewards?  This card (which does have points, but 1:1 with cash for visa prepaid cards), gives offers 5% for gas and 3% for groceries (and 1% everything else) with no annual fee and no caps.  So, seems better in every way except for heavy department store shoppers (as BCE gives 2% there and PenFed 1).

Not to knock BC, I've been a happy BCP user this year, getting $800 back so far since Feb (lots of grocery store purchases) but with the cap that is also looking less attractive.

Valued Contributor
p-

RavenNation wrote:
SnackTrader: I'm fairly new to credit in general...I got a auto loan in my name in 2010. I got a capital one for $500, chase freedom at $3000, Kay Jewelers for $4800, and a credit union for $500. I got 3 of them last year and the chase freedom this year. I had a Amex green card in April and then canceled it in August because I didn't want it anymore. I don't have no bad credit, a couple thousand in student loans (still in college) and in August I had a score of 702 from my credit union but I don't know from what bureau and only a 699 from equifax last month. And income is around $35k.

Webhopper: I think I just got lucky actually because my scores aren't great just average. I've carried a balance on two of my cards but they were in the introductory period so I never paid interest.

Have you tried the exec rout for PC or CLI on your cap1?

12-15-14: FICO EXP: 813 - EQU:802 - TRAN: 756 - AVG: 790 +240 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Established Member
RavenNation

p-: No, all I did was do the automated thing when you but that was denied (which I figured was going to happen). They said that I'm not eligible for customer-initiated limit increases. You think I should call the backdoor number to try to do it? They gave me a $200 increase after like 5 or 6 months but that was it. 

Valued Contributor
p-

RavenNation wrote:

p-: No, all I did was do the automated thing when you but that was denied (which I figured was going to happen). They said that I'm not eligible for customer-initiated limit increases. You think I should call the backdoor number to try to do it? They gave me a $200 increase after like 5 or 6 months but that was it. 

They say that alot.  Check out this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

12-15-14: FICO EXP: 813 - EQU:802 - TRAN: 756 - AVG: 790 +240 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}