cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Approval

Established Member

Re: Amex Approval

SnackTrader: I'm fairly new to credit in general...I got a auto loan in my name in 2010. I got a capital one for $500, chase freedom at $3000, Kay Jewelers for $4800, and a credit union for $500. I got 3 of them last year and the chase freedom this year. I had a Amex green card in April and then canceled it in August because I didn't want it anymore. I don't have no bad credit, a couple thousand in student loans (still in college) and in August I had a score of 702 from my credit union but I don't know from what bureau and only a 699 from equifax last month. And income is around $35k.

Webhopper: I think I just got lucky actually because my scores aren't great just average. I've carried a balance on two of my cards but they were in the introductory period so I never paid interest.
Message 21 of 27
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Approval

I want to PC to the BCE, such a great no AF card...would much rather have cash back than points...

Amex Everyday 6k || Chase Sapphire 5k || Buypower Card 5k || USAA Wounded Warrior Mastercard 4k || Citi TYP 4.9k|| Citi Forward 5.5k || Discover It 2k || Chase Freedom 5.5k || Walmart 1k || Chase Amazon 1k
Business: Chase ink cash 5k || AMEX Simply Cash 3.8k
Total CLs: 48.7k
Message 22 of 27
Established Member

Re: Amex Approval

I cant wait to start using mine too. I'm going to push all my purchases through it and pretty much use my other cards occasionally to keep them active. But I will use my Chase Freedom whenever the 5% rolls around for restaurants and gas since it would be better than the BCE. 

Message 23 of 27
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Approval


patsfan1453 wrote:

I want to PC to the BCE, such a great no AF card...would much rather have cash back than points...


I see a lot of talk about BCE.   Why is this better than say PenFed Platinum Rewards?  This card (which does have points, but 1:1 with cash for visa prepaid cards), gives offers 5% for gas and 3% for groceries (and 1% everything else) with no annual fee and no caps.  So, seems better in every way except for heavy department store shoppers (as BCE gives 2% there and PenFed 1).

 

Not to knock BC, I've been a happy BCP user this year, getting $800 back so far since Feb (lots of grocery store purchases) but with the cap that is also looking less attractive.

Message 24 of 27
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Approval


RavenNation wrote:
SnackTrader: I'm fairly new to credit in general...I got a auto loan in my name in 2010. I got a capital one for $500, chase freedom at $3000, Kay Jewelers for $4800, and a credit union for $500. I got 3 of them last year and the chase freedom this year. I had a Amex green card in April and then canceled it in August because I didn't want it anymore. I don't have no bad credit, a couple thousand in student loans (still in college) and in August I had a score of 702 from my credit union but I don't know from what bureau and only a 699 from equifax last month. And income is around $35k.

Webhopper: I think I just got lucky actually because my scores aren't great just average. I've carried a balance on two of my cards but they were in the introductory period so I never paid interest.


Have you tried the exec rout for PC or CLI on your cap1?

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 828 - EQU:820 - TRAN: 828 - AVG: 825 +275 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Message 25 of 27
Established Member

Re: Amex Approval

p-: No, all I did was do the automated thing when you but that was denied (which I figured was going to happen). They said that I'm not eligible for customer-initiated limit increases. You think I should call the backdoor number to try to do it? They gave me a $200 increase after like 5 or 6 months but that was it. 

Message 26 of 27
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Approval


RavenNation wrote:

p-: No, all I did was do the automated thing when you but that was denied (which I figured was going to happen). They said that I'm not eligible for customer-initiated limit increases. You think I should call the backdoor number to try to do it? They gave me a $200 increase after like 5 or 6 months but that was it. 


They say that alot.  Check out this thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-get-a-PC-or-CLI-from-Capital-One/td-p/1690104

 

3-26-15: FICO EXP: 828 - EQU:820 - TRAN: 828 - AVG: 825 +275 points from JUN 2008 - MY CREDIT JOURNAL

Message 27 of 27