Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Auto CLI Question

tag
AC0308
Established Member

Amex Auto CLI Question

Hi All,

I just got an unexpected surprise in my email today - and auto CLI from 2K to 3K.

I was planning on asking for my 3x CLI within the next few months - last time I requested an increase was in August and got turned down for 3x cli. I've since been paying off debt and my scores have significantly gone up. 

Should I see this as a good thing? Or is this a we only bumped you one grand so don't ask for the 3x CLI anytime soon?

I'm just curious to know if this affects my chances of getting a bump if I should try to ask soon. 

I'm battling between thinking this is a good because they're looking at me as a good customer and bad because it affects my chances of requesting the CLI in the near future.

Any one have any experience with this?

Thanks again!

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Amex TrueEarnings - 3,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Auto CLI Question

Grats on your CLI Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ASK NOW, every 6 months after that first 61 days

Message 3 of 16
AC0308
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

Even if I currently carry a balance of 675 with them? Would I be better served to pay it off (which I can do march 1st) and then give it a go?

Also if I do wait to pay it off should i wait for it to report 0 to my credit report also?

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 4 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@AC0308 wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Even if I currently carry a balance of 675 with them? Would I be better served to pay it off (which I can do march 1st) and then give it a go?

Also if I do wait to pay it off should i wait for it to report 0 to my credit report also?

well since we are just 1 week away, you my as well wait just for little more help maybe.

I don't think you need to wait for reporting though, the amex internal computer will know instantly that you made the payment.

Message 5 of 16
AC0308
Established Member

Well, I went for it and I'm not disappointed....

Asked for 3x CLI - from 3k to 9k was countered 8,700 and accepted.

I also paid off my remaining balance and went to costco to apply for the true earnings card.

Approved for 3,500. 

I'm very excited!

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 6 of 16
FastForward
Frequent Contributor

Congrats OP! I didn't realize an auto CLI + requested CLI was possible without having to wait 6 months between the two.  Nice!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx BCP (10k) | AmEx Blue Cash (1k) | AmEx SPG (3.5k) | Barclay Arrival WMC (7.5k) | Barclay Sallie Mae (1.5k) | Cap1 QS (2k) | Chase Freedom (1k) | Discover IT (4.5k) | InTouch (Local) CU MC (5k) | InTouch (Local) CU LOC (25k)

Citi/Best Buy (AU) (1.5k) | Citi/Best Buy (7.5k) | Comenity/Crate & Barrel (4k) | Comenity/Restoration Hardware (9k) | GE/Ethan Allen (2.5k) | Synchrony Bank/Banana Republic (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Gap (3.3k) | Synchrony Bank/Walmart (3.3k)

myFICO scores ~ 691 (EQ) 670 (EX) 712 (TU) || Goal scores: 750+ (all 3)
Message 7 of 16
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 8 of 16
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@FastForward wrote:

Congrats OP! I didn't realize an auto CLI + requested CLI was possible without having to wait 6 months between the two.  Nice!

Me too, i didn't know this was possible...Well I've learned something new again! 

Congrats on your awesome CLI & approval on your new TE!

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 9 of 16
AC0308
Established Member

@yudeology101 wrote:

@FastForward wrote:

Me too, i didn't know this was possible...Well I've learned something new again! 

Congrats on your awesome CLI & approval on your new TE!

Thanks!

My goal for a while was to apply and get approved for the TrueEarnings card, so I am VERY happy. Now I just need PC my Blue Sky to Blue Cash.

The auto CLI is what triggered me taking any actions and it allowed me to request more since I was going to only request a cli to 6K in a few weeks, but with the auto CLI I figured I would go for the 9, and I'm happy I did!

Amex Blue Sky - $8,700
Discover IT - $4,500
Elan Financial - $2,000
CapitalOne - $1,250
Chase Slate - $1,200
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.