Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Approval Odds

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE Approval Odds

Hi everyone, this is actually my first time posting. I have read many posts on approval odds for various cards, and recently about the Amex BCE. I want to apply for this card, but thought I'd ask about my situation in particular, taylor made if you will, so that I have an idea of what my approval odds are. I would really appreciate any input (constructive) that y'all might have. The following is my info:

FICO Scores: TU 703 EQ 698 EX 708

4 CC: CapOne $500 (03/15), CapOne $1500 (06/15), Chase Freedom $3500 (10/15), Discover IT Chrome $5500 (10/15)

1 Chase car loan (03/15)

TU and EQ AAoA: 6 months (low I know), EX 1 year 1 month (still low)

Inq. TU (8), EQ (6), EX (5)

I realize that I have quite a bit of activity lately, and that's part of the reason why I'm doing more research before I pull the trigger. Just seeing if anyone has been approved in a similar situation. Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks

Message 1 of 39
38 REPLIES 38
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Approval Odds

Is your EX file clean? No derogatory entries? If so, go for it.

Message 2 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes my Experian CR is clean. No late payments or collections, but as I mentioned, I have 5 inquires and 1 year AAOA
Message 3 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex will like you.

Message 4 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should be fine, Amex like thin files. If everything that you mentioned is true, the score for your EX should support it. I say 680^ will get you the card. Good luck!

Message 5 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out their pre-qual link. See if there are any customized pre-qualified deals for you. If not don't get discouraged. Many MyFico members have been approved without being pre-qualified first.

As the others have said... If you're EX is clean they will probably welcome you into their family. Good luck!
Message 6 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

they'll probably pull experian and a year AAoA is fine. ED and BCE aren't too tough underwriting wise. the only thing they may not like is your cards are all from this year though. they may wanna see more revolving history
Message 7 of 39
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

I was approved when my EX was ~672.  My SL was $1500 and my APR was 18.99% after promo.  I've been able to get 2 successful 3X CLIs since then and the APR permanently lowered to 12.74%.

AMEX may not like your short history or recent INQs and accounts, but it could go either way.   They seem to like low UTIL, so if you have that, it could work in your favor.

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone, this is actually my first time posting. I have read many posts on approval odds for various cards, and recently about the Amex BCE. I want to apply for this card, but thought I'd ask about my situation in particular, taylor made if you will, so that I have an idea of what my approval odds are. I would really appreciate any input (constructive) that y'all might have. The following is my info:

FICO Scores: TU 703 EQ 698 EX 708

4 CC: CapOne $500 (03/15), CapOne $1500 (06/15), Chase Freedom $3500 (10/15), Discover IT Chrome $5500 (10/15)

1 Chase car loan (03/15)

TU and EQ AAoA: 6 months (low I know), EX 1 year 1 month (still low)

Inq. TU (8), EQ (6), EX (5)

I realize that I have quite a bit of activity lately, and that's part of the reason why I'm doing more research before I pull the trigger. Just seeing if anyone has been approved in a similar situation. Let me know what y'all think.

Thanks

Welcome to the forums. I'm a little confused here. You mention that your oldest credit card was opened in March of 2015,  but then say your AAoA is 1 year 1 month? Is there something we are missing?

Your actual EX score looks fine. 5 inquiries with a low AAoA might cause them to pause a bit, coupled with your accounts all being new.

I would personally wait until the oldest credit card showed a year of payment history for your best chances of getting approved, and also having a decent SL and a decent interest rate as well, but that's just my opinion. It's only a few more months. Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

keep in mind the vehicle loan OP mentions counts towards AAoA. (Mod Cut-We can do without the snark, again you know what this type of posting will get you)

Message 10 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.