Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Approval Odds

honestly i wouldn't ask for it within the next 6 months if you want success lol
Message 21 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah what they said, barely made but you got it congrats no spend away pif since that's what Amex likes and wait 61
Message 22 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

well the 61 day rule no longer applies. i would just wait until you have sufficient history with them.
Message 23 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

True
Message 24 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the response :-) It seems like the general consensus is to wait for a while 3-6 months, but definitely not at activation. I suppose I'll have to wait, but definitely happy to finally have an Amex. :-D
Message 25 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. Show that card heavy use (charging up to the limit & paying off immediately) etc & you'll be golden in their eyes. Show them that you'll handle a higher CL with no problem.
Message 26 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats on your approval. Show that card heavy use (charging up to the limit & paying off immediately) etc & you'll be golden in their eyes. Show them that you'll handle a higher CL with no problem.

Good advice, magnetic Smiley Happy

Message 27 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
So I applied last night, just hadn't had a chance to respond. Good news mainly, but somewhat bad news as well. Good news is I was approved!! (which I'm very happy about), the bad news is I was approved for only $500, which is my lowest CL (CapOne is actually $501 lol). Now don't get my wrong, I'm happy about the approval, but maybe just a little disappointed by the CL. Maybe I should have waited as some of you suggested.

Also, I wasn't instantly approved, instead I was promoted with a screen telling me that they couldn't give me an immediate decision and that they would mail me a decision in 14 days, two hours later I had an approval email. I was ecstatic, and still am. :-)

I got my BCE in May with a similar profile (except that I didn't have the old car loans). My SL was 2k. Denied CLI on activation. Waited 90 days and got CLI for 6k. I haven't decided if I will try for another CLI. I think the typical 3x is really stretching it for my profile and income. But you card will grow, don't worry. And congrats on the approval!

Message 28 of 39
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the approval !!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 29 of 39
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 30 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.