Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE Approval with thin file

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE Approval with thin file

My 19 year old daughter has a Discover student card SL $500, now at $1700 through SP Cli's and Capital One Journey SL $2000 now at $2700.
Both received in 6/16. She's also an AU on my 7 year old Capital One QS and 3 year old NFCU go rewards card.

Her discover 0% has ended and I'm a firm believer in 0% intros, so since I have a $100 referral offer from Amex, I advised her of perks of having a BCE. She's a full time student and working two part timers with roughly $22000 yearly gross. I had her apply and she was instantly approved for $14000. I'm like really!!!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE Approval with thin file

congrats to your daughter. I've noticed the BCE really does like thin files.
Message 2 of 9
pip3man
Valued Contributor

Wait she was approved for $1,400 or $14,000? On a $22k annual income!!! Wow.... congrats to DD! 😳

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOLSmiley LOLthat's what she and I thought too, but it's $14k, two digits before the comma.

Message 4 of 9
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

AmEx and Discover are good with thin files. But not Chase. They only like to give out fat bonus to fat rich people, who do not carry balances. Smiley Wink

Message 5 of 9
Glkslngr
Frequent Contributor

Haha, wow! Congrats to her! That's a great thing you're doing having her as AU's on your accounts to help her build her credit while she is still relatively young. I wish my parents did that for me at that age!
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, @Veg325 me too. If it wasn't for this forum and all the information it provides, I wouldn't have known what a AU was let alone make the best of it.

Message 7 of 9
kidink1911
Established Contributor

Congratulations on the AMEX BCE approval!

PERSONAL: AMEX Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Gold- NPSL / Macy's AMEX Card- $4,500 / SavorOne- $500 / PenFed Gold Visa- $5,000 / Venmo Visa - $20,000 / PayPal MC- $20,000 / PayPal Credit- $1,700 / NFCU Visa Signature cashRewards- $5,800 / AMEX Delta Platinum- $4,200 / NFCU More Rewards AMEX- $3,400 / NFCU Cash Rewards- $4,000 / Credit One Platinum Visa Rewards- $1,000 / Discover IT Chrome- $1,000 / Capital One Venture- $3,550 / AMEX Cash Magnet Card- $1,000 / Belk MC Card- $800 / Citi Shell Mastercard- $400 / Credit One AMEX- $800 / Capital One Spark- $700 / Capital One Platinum- $300 / Citibank Shell- $400 / Oportun Visa- $500 / Fifth Third Bank MC- $300
BUSINESS: American Express Business Platinum- NPSL / AMEX Hilton Honors Business Card- $3,000 / AMEX Delta Platinum Business Card- $3,000 / Marriott Bonvoy Business Card- $3,000 / American Express Business Gold- NPSL / American Express Business Green- NPSL / Sam's Club Business Mastercard- $20,000 / Floor and Decor Pro Premier Business- $20,000 / Phillips 66-Conoco-76 Business Gas Card- $5,000 / Walmart Community Credit Line- $5,000 / Fuelman Mastercard- $3,000 / Amazon Synchrony Business Credit Line- $5,000 / Lowe's Business Credit- $5,000 / Office Depot Commercial Credit- $2,500 / Tractor Supply Company Business- $1,500 / Citi Exxon/Mobil Business Gas Card- $3,000 / Speedway Business Mastercard- $4,500
Message 8 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Sweet approvalSmiley Happy. Just goes to show income isnt everythingSmiley Wink
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.