Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approval odds - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex BCE approval odds - Update: Approved

Hi all! First time ever posting here! So ive been working hard over the past couple years to build up my credit report. Went from low 500s to now 732 EQ 732TU and 754EX. I have NO baddies on my report, 100% excellent payment history, nothing ever late. Always pay off or pay way more than min due. Only 3 yrs is longest reporting. utilization is at about 9%. I have discover it, cap one platinum. chase freedom, freedom unlimited. I want to apply for the BCE..only thing Im worried about is the inquiries. I have 5 and 7 on TU and EQ but only 3 on EX. 135k annual income. I really want to take the plunge and apply for this card. Should I go for it? Always nervous to apply for new credit! Thanks so much for any input you can give me! :-)

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
j615
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex BCE approval odds

Welcome.

I say your odds are great. Amex almost always pulls EX.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would go for it. Your score should be good enough since they tend to pull EX and they don't seem to be entirely sensitive to inquiries anyway.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's their prequal page show you?

Message 4 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Welcome aboardSmiley Happy Your stats scream APP ME APP ME lol. I think uou will be just fineSmiley Wink. Many of us wish we only had 3 inquiries. You might check out the Amex prequal to see what shows up but i have a feeling you can cold app and will be quite pleased,ymmv, as always. Best of luck and again welcomeSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Prequal page shows I prequalify for almost all of their cards! 

Message 6 of 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Yup with stats like yours i wouldnt be suprised to see a 10k plus approvalSmiley Wink Remember you maybe able to score a charge card and revolver on 1 hp, ymmv of courseSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

10k, i couldnt even imagine! My highest is 4500 with the freedom. But that was also with a much lower score awhile back! Ok, Im going for it! *que the nerves*

Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

OMG!!! You were right! 10k instant approval!! Im totally in shock right now!!! All this work was so worth it! Seriously guys, THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help!
I was nervous and now relieved. Wow..10k! So excited to be a part of the AMEX family!!!! ahhh!

Message 9 of 24
j615
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.