Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE approval with credit steps counter offer

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCE approval with credit steps counter offer

I got pre qualified for the 2 rewards card but I didn't want them so waited a couple of days and applied on my own for the everyday card and got approved for 1000. 2 months ago I got denied for the same card.
Message 21 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did your mom get the auto credit steps increase?
Thanks
Message 22 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, did she get the cli?
Message 23 of 34
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

Message 24 of 34
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

No, she didn't. But she says that a 2k CLI works for her.
Message 25 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info!!!!!

Message 26 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

So...I started this thread. DH got the offer, no cli since card opening. His 6th statement cut 2 days ago. No CLI in sight...he followed the rules perfectly. I’m traveling at the moment, but when I get home I will have him call and ask what gives!
Message 27 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

You make sure he gives Amex hell. He deserves his cli, **bleep** you Amex, **bleep** you to hell!
Message 28 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved with steps in April. I accidentally discarded the email so I was unsure of the details of the program and they were scarce online. I also called Amex and the CSR was unaware that such a program existed. I paid in full each month and did not let a balance report

I thought I wouldn’t get an auto-CLI at all. As the 6th statement cut in October and no increase. Midway between the 6th and 7th statement, I received the email stating I received an auto-CLI.

It was a 2X increase. It was awesome because they’d denied me for a 3X increase a week or two prior. I also applied for a Gold Delta SkyMiles and was approved on the same day as the CLI 3X increase denial.

All is not lost. I’d say wait a bit and it’ll likely occur given everything else looks good with their monthly soft pull and Amex payment history.
Message 29 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I was approved with steps in April. I accidentally discarded the email so I was unsure of the details of the program and they were scarce online. I also called Amex and the CSR was unaware that such a program existed. I paid in full each month and did not let a balance report

I thought I wouldn’t get an auto-CLI at all. As the 6th statement cut in October and no increase. Midway between the 6th and 7th statement, I received the email stating I received an auto-CLI.

It was a 2X increase. It was awesome because they’d denied me for a 3X increase a week or two prior. I also applied for a Gold Delta SkyMiles and was approved on the same day as the CLI 3X increase denial.

All is not lost. I’d say wait a bit and it’ll likely occur given everything else looks good with their monthly soft pull and Amex payment history.

This is encouraging news.  So even if you have to wait until 6th or 7th or more statement.....so long as you are then good with AMEX and they will then give you another card normally.  I am blacklisted and have been for 11 years.  I am either going to set the record eternal blacklist or I will get back in eventually somehow.  This steps thing seems viable, but I applied in June and was denied(blacklisted).  But maybe that was before they started this steps thing.

Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.