cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE offer $250 cash back after $1K spend

tag
tac111

Amex BCE offer $250 cash back after $1K spend

Hello All.   I've learned so much from this forum from reading for the past few years.  I'm not much of a "poster" but I need some advice . . .

I just received an offer in the mail today from AMEX for $250 cash back after 1K spend on their BCE.  15 month 0% on purchases & BT's - 12.99% APR after introductory rate.

I was considering this card last week (I'm soooo happy I didn't apply) - but app'd for the Sallie Mae card instead - since it's more in line with my monthly spend on gas/groceries.  Approved for 10K.and still waiting for the card.

My question is . . . should I app for the BCE now - so close to the Sallie Mae approval . . . or should I wait?  I have until June to respond to Amex.

My scores are just under 800 and nothing negative.  Current util. is approx. 4%.     I'm confident that I'll be approved - but haven't ever applied for CC's so close together?

I welcome your thoughts.  Thanks!!!

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex BCE offer $250 cash back after $1K spend

I would say if you've looking to get the best sign up for this card.. you've definitely got it. You should definitely be approved.
Message 2 of 23
creditFiend
Established Contributor

Definitely apply! Having only app'd one other card will not matter. GL!
Last app: 2/21/2016
Amex PRG (NPSL)| Amex Hilton Surpass ($17.6K)| Barclays Arrival WEM ($13K)| Barclays SM ($11K)| Capital One QS ($15K)
CareCredit (15.6K)| Chase CSP ($12K)| Chase Hyatt ($5K)| Chase FU VS ($7K)| Chase Ritz ($16.7K)| Citi DC ($2.4K)
Discover It ($4K)| Lowe's ($17K)| MSUFCU ($5K)| Nasa FCU ($20K)| Navy Cash Rewards ($20K)| Navy CLOC ($15K)
PenFed Thrifty ($500)| USAA Rate Advantage ($7K)
Message 3 of 23
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@tac111 wrote:

Hello All.   I've learned so much from this forum from reading for the past few years.  I'm not much of a "poster" but I need some advice . . .

I just received an offer in the mail today from AMEX for $250 cash back after 1K spend on their BCE.  15 month 0% on purchases & BT's - 12.99% APR after introductory rate.

I was considering this card last week (I'm soooo happy I didn't apply) - but app'd for the Sallie Mae card instead - since it's more in line with my monthly spend on gas/groceries.  Approved for 10K.and still waiting for the card.

My question is . . . should I app for the BCE now - so close to the Sallie Mae approval . . . or should I wait?  I have until June to respond to Amex.

My scores are just under 800 and nothing negative.  Current util. is approx. 4%.     I'm confident that I'll be approved - but haven't ever applied for CC's so close together?

That's a really good sign-up bonus. Smiley SurprisedI got $150 for $1000 spent on my BCP and thought that was a good deal.  I think you will be ok. I had 3 other tradelines reprt in the 3 week span around my Sallie Mae card and have had no issues. Good luck!!

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 4 of 23
VirusCredit13
Regular Contributor

Shouldn't worry too much about just applying for Sallae Mae.

Chances are if that hasn't even reported to CR yet, you won't even have new account ding to score yet, just the inquiry, so would be easier now than if you wait. But even if you wait you should still have great chance at BCE with your score.

Message 5 of 23
eagle2013
Established Contributor

@tac111 wrote:

Awesome bonus! Take it for sure!

Message 6 of 23
Involver
Valued Contributor

I apped for a BCE after just apping for 2 new TLs within the prior week (both were already reporting) and was instantly approved.  I see no problem if you want to go after that great sign-up.  I wish I would've waited!

Message 7 of 23
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@tac111 wrote:

That's a nice signup!   Wish I got that!   Go for it

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 23
MoreRewards
Established Contributor

I'd say go for it. You are lucky! They only offered me $150 cash back on BCE. If the card will be useful to you it's a great sign up bonus.
EQ 773 * EX 786 * TU 797
Message 9 of 23
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

$250 is definitely worth it, especially for only $1k spend! Goodluck
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.