cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCE - second 3X CLI - $12,000 increase!

tag
frisbie124
Valued Member

Amex BCE - second 3X CLI - $12,000 increase!

Started at $2,000 (Oct. 2012)

3X increase to $6,000 (Dec. 2012)

Yesterday was day 181 since last CLI, so requested full 3X increase to $18,000. Got 7-10

days message. Received email today with link to check status. Status said I was approved

for full amount!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences!! Learned so much from these forums.

I can't believe I've gone from having no credit cards a year ago to $18,000 CL with Amex

alone. Plus $2,100 with Chase, I'm at 20K+ credit line in only 9 months. Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Exp/Eq/TU are all 720+. 

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

Re: Amex BCE - second 3X CLI - $12,000 increase!

@frisbie124 wrote:

Yesterday was day 181 since last CLI, so requested full 3X increase to $18,000. Got 7-10

days message. Received email today with link to check status. Status said I was approved

for full amount!!

Thanks to everyone for sharing your experiences!! Learned so much from these forums.

I can't believe I've gone from having no credit cards a year ago to $18,000 CL with Amex

alone. Plus $2,100 with Chase, I'm at 20K+ credit line in only 9 months. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 23
NonSufficientFunds
Frequent Contributor

@frisbie124 wrote:

Congratulations!!!...

Now be very careful about applying for any more credit in the immediate future. 

Some credit grantors are very sensitive to overly ambitious applicants. 

If AmEx has trusted you with $18,000 in just 9 months, you can bet that they are watching you and your credit report for new inquiries. 

If they suspect that you are building a big house of cards, they could do an FR and possibly reduce your CL or close your account.

For the next six months, any new applications for credit, are likely to be counter-productive.  Enjoy your time in the Garden  Smiley Wink

Message 3 of 23
imovinup
Regular Contributor

Wow , that's impressive! I can't wait to get my first $5000 CL

Starting Score: 5/30/13 TU 630; EQ618: EX PLUS639
Current Score: 4/2/15 TU 661; EQ 617; ; EX FICO 631
Goal Score: 700

Message 4 of 23
CarbonCard
Established Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@frisbie124 wrote:

Congratulations!!!...

If AmEx has trusted you with $18,000 in just 9 months, you can bet that they are watching you and your credit report for new inquiries. 

If they suspect that you are building a big house of cards, they could do an FR and possibly reduce your CL or close your account.

For the next six months, any new applications for credit, are likely to be counter-productive.  Enjoy your time in the Garden  Smiley Wink

I should be careful then cos I got $13,100 of credit in less than a month....

Starting Score: (1/15)TU: 690 EX: 690 EQ: 711
Current Score: (10/18) TU-8: 813 EX-8: 808 EQ: 797
Goal Score: (7/20) 800+ for all three bureaus

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 23
Express
Frequent Contributor

@frisbie124 wrote:

for full amount!!

Nice CLI! Smiley Surprised

CL $408,200
Message 6 of 23
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Very Nice!! Congrats!!

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 23
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

@NonSufficientFunds wrote:

@frisbie124 wrote:

Congratulations!!!...

I guess we are never going to stop with the FR scares here on MyFico? WIth all due respect NSF I'm not sure your are offering a solid reason for your advice. I'll agree that not applying for new credit for the next 6 months is a sound plan (for everyone) $18K in 9 months is hardly a reason for the OP to worry. I doubt AMEX is worried about the OP building a big house of cards, in reality they are watching to make sure the OP is responsible with the credit. 

AMEX has extended me a little over $41K in revolving credit in less than a year plus two charge cards. They also know about my Chase cards, BofA cards, Citi cards and Barclays card. I'm self employed (red flag) and my income is all over the place (red flag). I charge more on my revolvers than I report as income in a year (red flag). They must know that my total available credit with other banks is over 2X what they have extended me and combined all card limits is well over my annual income (red flag). My INQ are high (red flag). I just got a CLI a couple of weeks ago on a Delta card with instant online approval. Go figure as that CLI put me over the $34,500 combined revolver limit that was supposed to cause a FR. I use my AMEX cards hard every month, even using personal cards for business purchases (red flag). I am waiting patiently for my FR (and I want one just so I can see the process, see the results and add it to my experiences).

frisbie124 don't sweat the FR. I don't know your stats on scores, UTL, INQ totals or income but you are fine, they just gave you two back to back 3X CLI and they no doubt checked you out. There are tons of people out there with way more credit from AMEX who never in their life worry about FR or AA from AMEX, they just use the card and PIF. Congratulations by the way. Be wise and you will be fine. Add another Chase card after 6 months, I am sure they have another card you would like. 

Message 8 of 23
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 9 of 23
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for you...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.