Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP 61 Day CLI Approved

tag
BamCat
Established Member

Amex BCP 61 Day CLI Approved

Just thought I'd share my Amex BCP 61 day CLI experience:  I activated my card on 10/19/12 (58 days ago), but I figured I'd give it a try because some people have written that the 61 days starts on the approval date. 

I was initially approved for $10,000.  I charged about $1,100 during the first billing period and paid in full.  I charged about $1,500 during my second billing period and paid in full right after the statement closing date (in preparation for requesting the CLI).  I used the automated telephone menu, requested a CL of $30,000, entered my income, and was approved in about 10 seconds!  I thought that requesting over $25,000 might present a problem, but it didn't.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
lecorps4fun
Valued Member

Re: Amex BCP 61 Day CLI Approved

Congrats!  What does your credit/income profile look like?

Message 2 of 11
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats, nicely done!

Message 3 of 11
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

That's funny. I was initiallly approved for $5K. Didin't know about the 61 day CLI until I started lurking in this forum. So, a couple of weeks ago I CLI'd online for the BCE I'd had for 8 months,  but only requested 2X's. My income supports more, but I didn't want to come across as greedy or needy (I have a card with a 23K limit). Guess I really shot myself in the foot with that one. How long before I can CLI request again? Does annyone have info about Amex CLI's after the first 61 day+ request?

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 4 of 11
Cageym
Established Contributor

It's 6 months per CLI after the first one.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 5 of 11
greenpang
Contributor

Lame, I did the same thing! I was originally given a 4k limit and didn't know about the 3x policy when I called for a CLI. They asked how much I wanted, I said "whatever you're willing to give me" (haha), and the guy said I had to specify a number... He used "8000" as an example, so I said "sure" without thinking and got instantly approved for 8k rather than my original 4k... I soon realized I could have gotten 12k and called again, but they said it's too soon for another increase. Probably something like six months.

Credit Scores: FICOs: TU 721 | Plus FAKOs: EX 726, EQ 739, TU 735 | CK FAKOs: Transrisk 689, Vantage 790
My Wallet: Amex Green (NPSL) | Amex SPG (21.6K) | Citi ThankYou Preferred (10.5K) | Amex BCE (8K) | US Air Premier MC (9.5K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (8.5K) | Chase Freedom (5K) | Barclays Arrival (5K) | Pier 1 (2.5K) | Express (0.8K) | Kohl's (0.5K)
DH's Wallet (AU): Amex PRG (NPSL) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (26.2K) | Amex Delta (22.5K) | Barclays Arrival (12.8K) | CareCredit (8K) | Amex BCE (7.5K) | Chase Freedom (7K) | Sears Citi (6K) | Victoria's Secret (1K)
Message 6 of 11
BamCat
Established Member

@lecorps4fun wrote:

Congrats!  What does your credit/income profile look like?

I don't post here often, so please excuse my ignorance.  I'm not exactly sure what a credit/income profile is, but I'll answer based on what I think it is.  I now have three credit cards (Visa, MC, and Amex), and with this CLI, my total available credit is about $64,000.  My income is about $95,000.  Is that my credit/income profile?

Message 7 of 11
hardworkrebuilding
Regular Contributor

@Cageym wrote:

Any suggestions on amount? Does the 3X's amount still apply? Or would 2X's be acceptable again providing income supports the limit?

FICO 750+ on each CRA - 6 cards for a total CL of $222,900
Gardening since 9/11/2016 for a goal of 2 years
Message 8 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Congrats! Most people say the threshold is $25k, but maybe extenuating circumstances or a change in their policy. Credit profile means your FICO score, any baddies, your AAoA (average age of accts), other CCs, utilization %, etc. it helps others to know how they might do when we can compare our credit stats to someone who was successful. 

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 9 of 11
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@hardworkrebuilding wrote:

@Cageym wrote:

Any suggestions on amount? Does the 3X's amount still apply? Or would 2X's be acceptable again providing income supports the limit?

You can request a CLI every 6 months for up to 3x current limit. usually the max without having to provide income verification, etc. is $25k.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.