Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex BCP requirements - Update: Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex BCP requirements.

The page immediately following entering the info shows me the blue cash preferred and the gold card but no interest rate info. When I click on view details it says variable interest rate, currently 14.28%. Is that what you are referring to?

I’m sorry if this all seems trivial, but I got denied for a discover card (IT) a few weeks ago, which has left me cautious. Seems Discover hasn’t reported any pull so maybe I got a pass with a SP???!! I just need another account to keep going.
Message 11 of 20
RicHowe
Valued Contributor

Looks solid to me. Enjoy your new AMEX.
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Approved with a $2000 cl! Thanks for the boost of confidence everyone.
Message 13 of 20
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@HeavenOhiowrote:

If a prequal has an exact interest rate or a very low range, chances for approval should be considered to be very good. If it says something like 12–26%, consider it to be advertising.

Ignore Credit Karma approval odds as they're simply there to encourage you to apply for cards. They get paid too... However, you may treat AMEX pre-approvals seriously.

I think you stand a good chance of being approved. We've seen AMEX approve cards pretty routinely for members with your level of history (not a lot less, though Smiley Happy). Given that your history is clean, you should be able to triple your limit at 61 days, even if your starting limit is on the low side.

Message 14 of 20
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
Approved with a $2000 cl! Thanks for the boost of confidence everyone.

CONGRATULATIONS! 🎉🍾🎈🎊 

Check out the CLI page and get it to 6K in 61 days! 

Message 15 of 20
ShatteredK
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on the Approval!
.:: AmEx Gold Delta | AmEx Blue Cash | Citi AAdvantage | Chase Amazon Prime Signature Visa | Wells Fargo Platinum::.
02.15.18:
Today:
Message 16 of 20
OmarR
Established Contributor

Congrats OP!

If you don't mind, post up your FICO scores for DP's.

EQ=850   EX=845   TU=843       0/24       UTIL=$1    AZEO

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Karma: 678
Fico from Wells Fargo app: 734
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymouswrote:
Credit Karma: 678
Fico from Wells Fargo app: 734

Congratulations! And based on your SL and info from wells Fargo your scores are somewhere between 720-750 on the other 2 bureaus. Take CK scores with a grain of salt. All I use CK for is free info/reports. Usually for most people they are either 0-50 points above or below actual fico scores. And if you were truly about 678 your SL most likely would have only been $1K. You did right by apping .Don't let Credit Karma hold you back anymore in the future. Oh and as for discover .Don't be scared to check their preapproval again in about 3 months once you build a little more account age and relationship with amex .Disco denied me in November. And yes it was a soft pull .No hard inquiry. So 2 months later to be exact I apped again during a spree and was approved for $10k. With no hard inquiry AGAIN. way I looked at it was hey I was already off the hook for the first denial without an HP. So it cant hurt for me to try again because I was already expecting an HP 2 months earlier. Keep up with us on the forums and you'll see theres no rhyme or rhythm to denials. Best of luck and go for the 3x CLI in 61 days. Mark your calendar now . http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-Definitive-Amex-3X-CLI-Guide/m-p/1811071#M5911 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much!! I’ve got it marked in my calendar. I’ve begun plotting an app spree for 12 months from now...that is when I plan on hitting discover again.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.