Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI Success!

tag
Poet34
Valued Member

Amex CLI Success!

I applied online for the Amex CLI about 30 minutes ago and got instant approval for 3x the original limit ($2k to $6k).  I am currently about 64 days out from my original approval date.

I had read here in the forum that Amex was more favorable to those with 20% utility or less, but my utility is currently at 61% pending my next payment which is due 12/7.

Thanks again for all forum members that share their experiences, both negative and positive.  It really shortens the learning curve for a lot of people and I hope this post will add at least a little value to someone else's efforts.

Have a safe and happy holiday season!

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex CLI Success!

Congratulation buddie........Very nice increase.....What product did you had ???

Wonder if anyone know the backdoor number for increase......Think about ask them to look at my brand new account soon till its arrived........only $1k credit limit really kill me....

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 2 of 12
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase.  I was nervous with mine @32% before I asked for the 3x increase, but 62% Wow! That's awesome.  So glad Amex are now understanding that those with high utilization still pay their bills tooSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 12
EandK23
Regular Contributor

Congrats! 

Message 4 of 12
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the 3x increase!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 5 of 12
beb86
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!

Message 6 of 12
Poet34
Valued Member

Thanks everyone.

I have the Amex True Earnings Costco Card.

My Wallet: Capital One $673, Barclay's Apple $2k, Amex TrueEarnings Costco $6k, Chase Freedom $5k, Discover More $15k
Message 7 of 12
Poet34
Valued Member

JusdoNit,

I should be a little more clear.  

My Amex balance was at 61% utility at the time of CLI request.  My overall utility is 38%.

Message 8 of 12
Cageym
Established Contributor

Congrats! I can't seem to find the Luv button. I've looked in all the usual places under "Profile & Preferences" and no luck. I guess I'll have to do it old school and call them.

What's in my wallet: Cap1 Venture NFCU Sig Visa Delta Gold Amex BCE Citi Simplicity IHG World MC Amazon Visa CSP
Starting Score: 5/2010 550-ish
Current Score: 6/20/2013 TU 800 6/20/2013 EQ 770 6/20/2013 EX 775
Goal Score: 800 accross the board
Message 9 of 12
RonDawg
Contributor

congrats!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.