cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI after 61 days = loss of 0% APR (introductory offer) ?

tag
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Amex CLI after 61 days = loss of 0% APR (introductory offer) ?

Hi MyFico friends

I got my Amex BCP in December 12 with a 0% APR for 1 year.  Reading all the posts for 3 x CLI on Amex cards I got tempted. So I went ahead and requested 2 x CLI from 5K to 10K and got instant approval. But today I also got an alert from Pageonce that my APR changed by 17% ??? After login into my  AX account I am rather confused and guess what I see now:  16,99% APR and effective 19 FEB ?? ( ..assume it is retroactive and 2013 not 2014) This is my first request for a CLI ever so I have no idea if this is customary?  Higher CL for higher APR?

Who lost the 0% APR after requesting the 3 x CLI? This 16,99% was the APR offered after the 1 year intro offer but effective on Feb 19..

Wonder if this happened to everybody that asked for 3 x CLI after 61 days? 

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex CLI after 61 days = loss of 0% APR (introductory offer) ?

Dont pay attn to that.
You didnt lose your 0% unless you missed a payment!
:-) dont worry!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Dont pay attn to that.
You didnt lose your 0% unless you missed a payment!
:-) dont worry!

Thanks so much. You are correct. Looks that this message can be ignored as here is what I just got by email from AX asking about my APR. wow..very fast email reply! Website display is very confusing after CLI. I might  revolve a small balance next month to see what happens. 

In regards with the introductory Annual Percentage Rate  (APR) on your Blue Cash Preferred Card , I see that the APR is as follows:

Purchase Rate : 0%, on new purchase for first 12 months of Cardmembership (which expires in billing period ending in December, 2013). I see you are currently not revolving a balance.

Message 3 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

That's something goofy with pageone.  My BCP did the same thing during the 0% period.  I got several of those notifications but the APR never changed until the period was over. 

Message 4 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yw!! I think programs like pageone just assume interest rates, similar to Creditkarma!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 9
boomhower
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Yw!! I think programs like pageone just assume interest rates, similar to Creditkarma!

Pageonce knows the rate, they have your log in info for the accounts, CK doesn't. 

Message 6 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Oh... Weird lol
Message 7 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Actually CK just made it to where you can add your login info!
Message 8 of 9
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@boomhower wrote:

That's something goofy with pageone.  My BCP did the same thing during the 0% period.  I got several of those notifications but the APR never changed until the period was over. 

Thanks. The main problem creating these messages is that Amex published that new date on the account "effective 19FEB". No idea where this date came from??!  Looks that Pageonce simply translated the info..new date for the new APR = difference in APR = APR change.. nothing but logic.

Without the confirmation that  the APR is still at 0% it would definitely look that from 19FEB it had been changed to 16,99%. So I do not blame Pageonce but find it positive that this program cought it .. I would not have realized that new date on my account without Pageonce. Smiley Tongue

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.