Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex CLI over $35k, no FR

tag
GPMDRL
New Contributor

Amex CLI over $35k, no FR

I've had an Amex business gold for about 5 years and ran about $4k a month through it I guess for 2 years before i applied for for an Amex blue cash personal. About 7 years ago my credit stunk, high 590s maybe low 600s. I was maybe mid 600s to upper when I got the Amex personal and it had an insane limit, maybe 15k if I remember correctly, my only other card was a cap1 with $500 limit. I assumed it was due to my usage of their biz card. Anyway, a year or so later I had limit to $34400. Every time since then that I tried for CLI, I got the FR request and never did it since I really didn't need the credit. I've read that over 35k is automatic FR. I haven't tried for a year or so and just for the heck of it, tried today. I figured I'd ask for a 10% increase just to see what happened and requested 37.5k. Approved! No FR. Credit scores finally all were over 800 this month, may have done the trick. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that the $35k auto FR is not true. As always, thanks to the board on my journey from a 600 to 800 credit score. I don't post much but when I do, always get a ton of help!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
red259
Super Contributor

Re: Amex CLI over $35k, no FR

@GPMDRL wrote:
I've had an Amex business gold for about 5 years and ran about $4k a month through it I guess for 2 years before i applied for for an Amex blue cash personal. About 7 years ago my credit stunk, high 590s maybe low 600s. I was maybe mid 600s to upper when I got the Amex personal and it had an insane limit, maybe 15k if I remember correctly, my only other card was a cap1 with $500 limit. I assumed it was due to my usage of their biz card. Anyway, a year or so later I had limit to $34400. Every time since then that I tried for CLI, I got the FR request and never did it since I really didn't need the credit. I've read that over 35k is automatic FR. I haven't tried for a year or so and just for the heck of it, tried today. I figured I'd ask for a 10% increase just to see what happened and requested 37.5k. Approved! No FR. Credit scores finally all were over 800 this month, may have done the trick. Anyway just wanted to let everyone know that the $35k auto FR is not true. As always, thanks to the board on my journey from a 600 to 800 credit score. I don't post much but when I do, always get a ton of help!

Congrats. I don't think you mean FR I think you mean the IRS verification request where they want to see tax forms to verify your income. What is a good take away here is just because Amex asks for an income verfication at one point doesn't mean they will ask for it every single time in the future. An FR would involve them freezing your accounts and closing them if you do not provide the documentation they want. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 2 of 7
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Grats I am at 49k with Amex and never been asked for proof of income either.

Message 3 of 7
red259
Super Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Grats I am at 49k with Amex and never been asked for proof of income either.

I'm thinking the likelihood of them asking for proof of income goes down the longer you are a customer with them and properly manage the accounts, but that is just a guess. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats and enjoy it.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice story well done

Message 6 of 7
heychrisbaker
New Contributor

Congrats!  I'm at 31K with two Amex cards plus a Platinum.  I'll stick with what I have for now.  Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.