Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Delta Gold Approved

tag
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Delta Gold Approved

We think alike... Smiley Happy

To quote the late GREAT maestro Barry White: "Playing your game, baby....your game baby....just you (Amex) and me" Smiley Wink

I'm actually trying to see if I can sweet talk someone into turning that joker into the original blue cash....that's the puppy I want !

SisterGirl
Message 51 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SisterGirl wrote:

To quote the late GREAT maestro Barry White: "Playing your game, baby....your game baby....just you (Amex) and me" Smiley Wink

I'm actually trying to see if I can sweet talk someone into turning that joker into the original blue cash....that's the puppy I want !

Smiley Very Happy (Thanks so much for that reference... I'm smiling so big right now!!)

I hear ya with the OBC... for the right person, that thing can be awesome!  Smiley Wink

Message 52 of 70
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

Smiley Very Happy (Thanks so much for that reference... I'm smiling so big right now!!)

I hear ya with the OBC... for the right person, that thing can be awesome!  Smiley Wink

I hear ya....I was cheesin' & boppin' my big head when I wrote it (ha ha). I've not been on AMEX chat in a while & didn't want to really use that card so I can possibly get them to offer it on retention (?)...I will keep you abreast of my success - but she's determined !

SisterGirl
Message 53 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SisterGirl wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@SisterGirl wrote:

I hear ya....I was cheesin' & boppin' my big head when I wrote it (ha ha). I've not been on AMEX chat in a while & didn't want to really use that card so I can possibly get them to offer it on retention (?)...I will keep you abreast of my success - but she's determined !

Please do let us know how it goes!  Smiley Very Happy  <fingers crossed!>

Message 54 of 70
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

I think it's crazy that you can still apply for the OBC, but you can't convert it (???). That makes absolutely NO sense, but okay.....I'll be sweeter than honey, but bring my point !

SisterGirl
Message 55 of 70
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@SisterGirl wrote:

I think it's crazy that you can still apply for the OBC, but you can't convert it (???). That makes absolutely NO sense, but okay.....I'll be sweeter than honey, but bring my point!

That does make no sense at all.  Smiley Frustrated

Hopefully eventually they'll either change the "rule", or you'll find a CSR that has the ability to work around (or within) the system to get it done!

Message 56 of 70
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Oh sure...it can be done ! There are "tiered" levels that have the power to get certain things done; you just have to stay the course & handle it very respectfully on the way to success. As someone who has worked escalations in the retention dept in the past, I learned a LOT about what can (or will) be done to retain a client.

SisterGirl
Message 57 of 70
sjt
Senior Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Many of you know my BCP only has a credit line of $1k and Amex has repeatedly denied my requests for a CLI (the latest decline was just today).  The decline is always due to "... previous negative experience with an American Express card".  They are referring to an account included in bankruptcy back in 2000 - over 16 years ago.

Clearly there's no way to "work on my profile" (or any of the other boilerplate pointers that usually apply) so a while back I decided I would go apply for another revolver with them, with the plan to after 13 months transfer the credit line.  I also closed my Green card last month, so lessen my overall exposure with them thinking it might help.  Also, my BCP (and Green) were both approved with two baddies and a 695 EX score; as of this month I have no baddies and my EX is 751 (this is after the new inquiries from last week).

With shiny new credit scores in hand (recently completely baddie-free) I submitted my Delta app, and after a brief delay was rewarded with an approval for yet another $1k credit line. 

Honestly I've got mixed feelings on this... the reason I chose the Delta to is that historically the approval amounts are higher than other cards, which would suit my desired end result.  It's certainly better than a denial, though, and when the card is 13 months old I'll transfer however much they allow and simply close the card afterward.  Also, while my BCP has been 'stunted' it's possible I'll have better luck with CLIs on the Delta Gold card - if so the new addition might pay off yet.  <fingers crossed>

I'm the first to admit that not all lenders are for everybody; especially when they have been 'burned' in the past.  It's clear that Amex falls into that category for me, at least when it comes to a relationship beyond what we currently have.

Next stop... the garden!  Smiley Very Happy

(Note:  I'm thinking about not even adding this one to my signature... LOL)

Congrats!

Out of curiosity, how much did you burn Amex?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 58 of 70
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

You can send it to me if you don't want it....it's my goal card. So close but yet so far!!!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 59 of 70
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well done!
Message 60 of 70
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.