Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED, Chase Freedom and sportsman's guide visa Plus more

tag
Tszone
Regular Contributor

Amex ED, Chase Freedom and sportsman's guide visa Plus more

I was bored the other night and checked Amex pre approval site, but  nothing came up. Then I decided to try the sportsman guide shopping cart trick and it worked for $2500 (soft pull). The next day applied for the amex ED card and was approved. I logged in and had a 5k limit, had the zync card back in 2010 but they closed it after 3 months. When I first logged into amex they showed a 2015 open date, but today it shows 2010, I guess the back dated from my zync card which I only had 3 months( didnt even have to ask). 

I was one the lucky ones who managed to get in with NASA card a few months back with a 30k limit and a low 620 EXP score. My highest limit was $1550 on a credit card and $2200 on a store card before that. I balance transfered all my cards to NASA except for my gas card and a zero percent firestone card I used for tires. My score went up around 100pts on experian (fako from my privacy matters). So I went for an increase on my BOA rewards $1500 limit since I open it in 2011. I asked for a lot but they came back witk 5K (hard pull TU), no complants here. I also asked for an increase on my bestbuy mastercard with $900 limit (hard pull EQ). They countered and bumped it up to 3k. Now onto Discover , been stuck on $1500 since I opened it in 2008. I did not have the option online and had to call it in, and took a hard pull(TU) to get a decline, boo hoo.

I checked the chase pre approval site and came up with Freedom, Slate and CSP.  Went for the Freedom and was approved for $5500. So I am done and hopefully dont get into any trouble for opening too many new accounts. Not sure who chase pulled yet but took 2 TU hits, 1 EXP and 1 EQ. with CLI and new cards in the last few days. I will most likely close some of my sub-prime cards (creditone and annual fee cards). Into the garden I go.

I would like to thank everyone on the boards, I have learned so much over the years. Happy New Years! 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex ED, Chase Freedom and sportsman's guide visa Plus more

Congrats!

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

WOW! Congratulations on all the approvals an CLI's.

Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Congrats on you approvals!

Message 6 of 11
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Tszone wrote:

I was bored the other night and checked Amex pre approval site, but  nothing came up. Then I decided to try the sportsman guide shopping cart trick and it worked for $2500 (soft pull). The next day applied for the amex ED card and was approved. I logged in and had a 5k limit, had the zync card back in 2010 but they closed it after 3 months. When I first logged into amex they showed a 2015 open date, but today it shows 2010, I guess the back dated from my zync card which I only had 3 months( didnt even have to ask). 

I was one the lucky ones who managed to get in with NASA card a few months back with a 30k limit and a low 620 EXP score. My highest limit was $1550 on a credit card and $2200 on a store card before that. I balance transfered all my cards to NASA except for my gas card and a zero percent firestone card I used for tires. My score went up around 100pts on experian (fako from my privacy matters). So I went for an increase on my BOA rewards $1500 limit since I open it in 2011. I asked for a lot but they came back witk 5K (hard pull TU), no complants here. I also asked for an increase on my bestbuy mastercard with $900 limit (hard pull EQ). They countered and bumped it up to 3k. Now onto Discover , been stuck on $1500 since I opened it in 2008. I did not have the option online and had to call it in, and took a hard pull(TU) to get a decline, boo hoo.

I checked the chase pre approval site and came up with Freedom, Slate and CSP.  Went for the Freedom and was approved for $5500. So I am done and hopefully dont get into any trouble for opening too many new accounts. Not sure who chase pulled yet but took 2 TU hits, 1 EXP and 1 EQ. with CLI and new cards in the last few days. I will most likely close some of my sub-prime cards (creditone and annual fee cards). Into the garden I go.

I would like to thank everyone on the boards, I have learned so much over the years. Happy New Years! 

WoW! Great credit management there how you determined to jockey thru those apps with mostly positive results for you.

Big Congrats! And keep up the good work Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome news on the approvals.   Congrats.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.