Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ED card and Amazon Prime

tag
Tszone
Regular Contributor

Amex ED card and Amazon Prime

Aprroved for card on dec 30th, received card jan 5 and met 1k spending bonus by jan 17. Woke up today with email. Congratulations! You have unlocked your Amazon Prime promotional code by using your new American Express®. That was quick, got it before my 1st statement due date.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
happypill
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex ED card and Amazon Prime

Congrats!

I was wondering, there are several cards that offer free Amazon Prime memberships.  How do they handle it if you're already a member?  Do they tack on a free year to what you've already paid for?  Thanks.

Message 2 of 12
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@happypill wrote:

Congrats!

I was wondering, there are several cards that offer free Amazon Prime memberships.  How do they handle it if you're already a member?  Do they tack on a free year to what you've already paid for?  Thanks.

Yes, it gets extended a year from your current expiration date

Message 3 of 12
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

congrats on getting the amazon prime offer. I am starting to wonder why my application didn't get that offer, oh well I guess i have to screenshot everything when i app.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 4 of 12
core
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:
Yes, it gets extended a year from your current expiration date

Thanks, this is precisely what I wanted to know as well.  Reading the terms it lead me to believe it was only for new accounts.  Glad to hear that's not the case.

On a side note, I don't think I will have to pay for Prime ever again.  Amazon used to be rock solid reliable, but in the past year or so they've gone downhill.  Lately they just send stuff whenever they feel like it and it often arrives in 3-4 days instead of the 2 days promised.  If you complain about it, your Prime membership is extended by one month per order.  So while I used to put 20 items on a single order, now I place them all as separate orders.  (They still come in one box though.)  When they are late, and that is often, I get many months of free Prime.

Keep it up Amazon.  I'd rather have my stuff on time, but a perpetually free membership is fine with me too.

Message 5 of 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very nice, congrats on your approvals

Message 8 of 12
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.