Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday: Auto CLI

tag
CalAlumnus13
Contributor

Amex Everyday: Auto CLI

I was approved for the Amex Everyday card in March with a CL of $5,000. Requested a 61-day CLI in May, and was given a new CL of $9,300.

Amex just emailed me and awarded me an auto-CLI of $13,800.

I'm very pleased, but a little surprised. I've been carring a balance for a few months now (I'm still at 0% and am moving to a new city to take a job, so I wanted to build up some cash reserves).

How does this affect my 6 month CLI---will I be eligible for a CLI six months after my last request, or do I now need to wait six months from my last increase?

FICOs: EX (per Amex, 1/20/18): 830 | TU (per Discover, 1/20/18): 817

Wallet: Discover It $35.5k | Amex EveryDay $25k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $19.5k | Chase Freedom $8.5k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $8.5k | Amex BCE $7.7k

Drawer: Hella More
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MissMoni223
Senior Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday: Auto CLI

CONGRATS on your CLI!!!

Gardening Until Further Notice
15 Credit Cards (12 Major Banks & 3 Store Cards)
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CalAlumnus13 wrote:

I was approved for the Amex Everyday card in March with a CL of $5,000. Requested a 61-day CLI in May, and was given a new CL of $9,300.

Amex just emailed me and awarded me an auto-CLI of $13,800.

I'm very pleased, but a little surprised. I've been carring a balance for a few months now (I'm still at 0% and am moving to a new city to take a job, so I wanted to build up some cash reserves).

How does this affect my 6 month CLI---will I be eligible for a CLI six months after my last request, or do I now need to wait six months from my last increase?

If they auto-CLI or invite you to apply for CLI for the amount they suggest then it won't affect it. Only if you initiate it.

Message 3 of 9
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 9
Focused10
Established Contributor

Awesome! Congratulations!

;;;
BCE: $2K | Amazon: $5K | BBVAmex: $7.5K | AAdvntge: $8.5K | AMEX: $30K | Frdm: $10K | Citi: $6.2K | FNB: $10K | NASA: $25K | CapOne QS: $10K | Chase Marriott: $12K ~ Garden 3.2.16
Message 5 of 9
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 6 of 9
uswala
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!...Thanks For Sharing.Smiley LOL

Message 8 of 9
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! on the Amex auto CLI!!! Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.