Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Everyday Preferred

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Everyday Preferred

I am looking to apply for the American Express Everday Preferred card and want some advice. I have a 746 CK score, a 715 Experian, and am wondering if I will get approved. I have one late payment from about 3 years ago and 4 credit cards with a total CL around 8500. Amex just mailed me a pre-approved offer for a Platinum card, but I am not sure if that really means anything. In the last week, I paid off all of my cards and am waiting for the due dates to come and the card companies to report that to the credit bureaus. 

What are my chances of approval and what can I do to insure I get this card? Thank you for your help. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Mantis350
Regular Contributor

Re: Amex Everyday Preferred

Sounds like you're in a pretty good position to get approved for the BCE.  If you are just itching to apply then go for it.  If you wait for the new balances to report, you may get a lrger initial limit.  I know waiting can be really tough at times.

PenFed Rewards Visa Sig-$14,000 | BofA Plat Visa-$12,500 | Discover IT-$11,000 | NASA-$7,500 | WF Cash Rewards Visa-$6,800 | BofA Cash Rewards Visa Sig-$6,500 | Barclay Rewards MC-$6,000 | Cap1 QS Visa Sig-$5,750 | Citi DC-$5,500 | Cap1 Venture 1-$4,500 | Cap1 QS-$3,400 | Chase Freedom-$3,400 | AMEX BCE-$2,000 | Lowes-$15,000 | Home Depot-$5,000
|Current Score(2/19/2016)|| 709 EQ || 734 TU || 729 EXP ||
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am looking to apply for the American Express Everday Preferred card and want some advice. I have a 746 CK score, a 715 Experian, and am wondering if I will get approved. I have one late payment from about 3 years ago and 4 credit cards with a total CL around 8500. Amex just mailed me a pre-approved offer for a Platinum card, but I am not sure if that really means anything. In the last week, I paid off all of my cards and am waiting for the due dates to come and the card companies to report that to the credit bureaus. 

What are my chances of approval and what can I do to insure I get this card? Thank you for your help. 

Approval is based on several factors.  Amex is known to full Experian - Fico score.  a 715 is a good score and I will wait for all the balances to update before applying.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I actually dont want the BCE card. I just want the Everyday Preferred as I would rather rack up points than cashback. The 50% bonus if you hit 30 uses in a month is too attractive. 

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How long before they are updated? Banana Repulic card due on the 16th, Cap One the 22nd, and Chase Freedom on the 18th.

Also, are there any tricks of when to apply for an Amex? I was going to do it in December so I could have it say member since 2014, but I am not sure if anyone has any better ideas. 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you check the AMEX pre-qualification site? I believe the underwriting is the same for all charge cards, so if you were pre-approved for the green card you could also get the Platinum or Gold. The revolving cards are more difficult to obtain. Check the pre-qualification site and then you'll know. I agree with previous post, I prefer getting MR Points instead of cashback. 

Message 6 of 11
js0319
Established Contributor

I would say you have a pretty good shot at the EDP. Even if you get a lower CL initially, there's always the 61 day SP CLI.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a duplicate post.  Same question asked in the applications forum

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations!..Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.