Not applicable

Re: Amex Everyday card Auto CLI..

Congrats on the auto luv!

Message 11 of 20
newhis
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm 10 days out until my 3x CLI for my everyday card. Logged in today to pay bill prior to statement cut date..and to my pleasant surprise there was an increase of 1k to my previous limit... Since they gave an auto increase I will still be able to request my 3x CLI in 10 days, right?

Yes, try the 3X on new limit. So if the card was 2k and you wanted to ask for 6k and now your card is 3k, then ask for 9k. You may get it. I read reports from people that did that and got the full amount.

I want an auto-cli to put my limit up to 7k, so I can ask for 20k in 6 months and not 18k. (I know I can ask for 21k but I like 20k better Smiley Happy )

Message 12 of 20
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I'm 10 days out until my 3x CLI for my everyday card. Logged in today to pay bill prior to statement cut date..and to my pleasant surprise there was an increase of 1k to my previous limit... Since they gave an auto increase I will still be able to request my 3x CLI in 10 days, right?

Interesting, grats on the CLI Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 20
Zorasmiles
Established Contributor

Congrats on the Auto CLI!

FICO scores are your calling card to the business world. Build a negative reputation and those doors are hard to open, find that perfect balance of credit responsibility and those doors open when you desire them.
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on the auto-luv, and good luck on your 3x!

Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure all 3X CLIs are SP. I've had my AMEX Blue card for 1 day shy of 1 month. I read numerous claims that there's nothing to lose by trying since all the CLU requests are SP and that some can get increases in less than 61 days. I hit the luv button just a while ago and got the dreaded 7-10 days written notice message. Does this mean they are gong to do a HP?

Message 16 of 20
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

No, just means you werent approved and will receive a letter in the mail telling you why. You probably just hit it 2 early, try again on day 62Smiley Wink
Message 17 of 20
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the auto luv!

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You were right. I called AMEX and was told that I was denied because it was too soon.

BTW they have a new department for CLI. The guy I talked to said it's their policy, no first time CLIs before 60 days.

i got the impression that there are no exceptions to this.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the auto luv!!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.