Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Fide 2rd CLI in one month.

tag
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

Amex Fide 2rd CLI in one month.

I got this card about thirty days ago with a CL $2500. I called them to request a $500 CLI immediately I activated them and got approved. Should Have asked more.  So I charged about $8K through it within thirty days and the current balance is negative $3K. I heard that BOA is pretty generous with CL yesterday. So this morning, I called the backdoor number of FIA card and requested a CLI to $6K. Immediatelly approved $6k total CL with no problem after the analyst confirmed my income information. Ahh.. Should have asked $8K CL. Guess that happens to everyone of us, right?Smiley Wink

I'll call them to request CLI to $10K in three months..well, maybe two. Hope $20K expense charged through the card will be enough love for FIA to approve the CLI at that time.

Not sure about HP or SP.. Doesn't really matter to be, already 30+ inquiries on each report anyway. Another five newly opened accounts within one month and ten inquires on each report within three months, I'm actually surprised FIA approved this. So next time you ask for Amex Fide CLI, don't be shy.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Fide 2rd CLI in one month.

Next time ask for a really high amount, like 15,000. They may surprise you and approve it, but they will also counter with the most they can give at the time.

Message 2 of 6
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 3 of 6
w20031424
Frequent Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Next time ask for a really high amount, like 15,000. They may surprise you and approve it, but they will also counter with the most they can give at the time.

Good idea. $15K it is. If I charge $10K through the card each month, then I guess it could be justified.

Fide Amex 15K | Barclays Reward 3.5K | Citi Forward Student 5K | Discover IT 12.8K | US Cash Reward 6K | GE Paypal 5.5K | Wal Discover 6K | CapOne 3.5K | Kohl's 0.3K
Message 4 of 6
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

If there is one thing I've learned on this board, it is to always ask for really high clis :-)
Congrats!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.