Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Delta Skymiles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Gold Delta Skymiles

So I really wanted a BCE (goal card) and Green card once I could get in with amex.   I checked the pre qual page and had an offer for Gold Delta Skymiles..  I've flown once in the last ten years lol. On Delta tho...   not what I wanted but it does get my foot in the door.   Approved 1k limit, as I'm still low on my ex score.   Thought why not try for the other 2 I actually want, denied lol.  Not looking a gift horse in the mouth, try again in 6 months. 

No idea on Apr yet. -- UPDATE. 16.74.  Lowest apr that card has..  I'm floored 

Scores in sig current. 

5yr AAoA

Got a card I'm not sure I could use the rewards.... I might need a 12 step program Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Gold Delta Skymiles

Congrats on joining the amex club!
Message 2 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Those miles can be used for travel, gift cards, or merchandise. So hopefully you get some use out of it. However, the highest redemption rate is with travel.
Message 3 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Way to go JagoSmiley Happy. You said it, foot is in the door. Use it pif and create history. Hopefully you can 3x in 61 days. But great thing with Amex is youll eventually be able to move limits around and next time you just may get your dream cards on sp. Possibilities abound. Lol id give you my green card but somehow i dont think credit works like thatSmiley Wink
Message 4 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Congrats! That's a surprising approval, especially combined with being turned down for the green card, as the charge cards certainly have fairly lenient underwriting. If you do get a charge card, I'd certainly evaluate whether the PRG may be a better fit for you. With the $100 airline credit, there's essentially no difference in annual fee between it and the green and the Membership Rewards earning power is much better. I know you haven't flown in a long time, but between that and the Delta SkyMiles you'll accrue you may as well treat yourself to a free flight somewhere. Smiley Wink

That $1k can grow large fast, so don't forget to set your reminder for day 61 to ask for a credit line increase to $3,000!

Message 5 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you everyone.  So it was very early in the morning and I might have mispoken. I have an email that the BCE was a no go, but I don't have one for the green card yet.  Just a your app is submitted one.  Fingers toes and everything else crossed lol. I'm going going to try to reconnect the BCE, but my scores are still low for an AMEX.

@AJC. Thanks for the green card offer.  Do you not like it? There is some bad joke about a green card in there based on where we each live. Smiley Very Happy  Honestly I'm glad your getting back to normal-ish after the disaster.    

Message 6 of 27
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, i personally have nothing against the green card, however as im looking to slash and dash my ccs this year, my first year is coming up in Feb and i rarely use this charge card. I wouldnt mind keeping all my cc and in 20 years have like 50 cards but ive hit the S.O.G.O.T.P plateau, and i feel even though its saddens me to close, im gonna feel much better. Rather have a couple good cards that work than outstretch what i can spend on. And remember right now im not even making what i was as we try to get back to somewhat notmal.
Message 7 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Lol, i personally have nothing against the green card, however as im looking to slash and dash my ccs this year, my first year is coming up in Feb and i rarely use this charge card. I wouldnt mind keeping all my cc and in 20 years have like 50 cards but ive hit the S.O.G.O.T.P plateau, and i feel even though its saddens me to close, im gonna feel much better. Rather have a couple good cards that work than outstretch what i can spend on. And remember right now im not even making what i was as we try to get back to somewhat notmal.

Wow, an acronym I don't know.  But I am picking up what your putting down, that would be a lot to manage. Someday when I have grown up to be more like you, ill have that luxury of picking and choosing who stays and who goes. Right now I'm still in the take whatever the prime bank offers you stage.  I have gotten subprime offers but I held my ground and it working out well so far.    

Hopefully things get back to normal fast for you.  The medieval vacation like all vacations must come to an end.

Message 8 of 27
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

That acronym isn't in the list of common abbreviations thread! Smiley Wink

@Anonymous if you weren't outright denied for the charge card, you could check the application status page:

https://www262.americanexpress.com/eaol/welcome.do

With your EX score, I would have said the Green was a slight maybe and the Delta would have been an instant denial (and I would have been wrong). If they're willing to give you a revolving card, a charge card would not be a stretch.

Message 9 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@k-in-boston 100% agree with you on the delta, I totally was waiting for the denial when I hit the button and got super shocked as well. I have checked that page and it only shows my delta and BCE apps on it. Guess its still under review, but I have gotten nothing other than an email saying its submitted. We shall see.
Btw...
GO PENS!!! (Had too lol)
Message 10 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.