Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Hilton NAF approved

tag
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Amex Hilton NAF approved

Amex REALLY likes me for some reason.

I applied at Barclay unsuccessfully earlier today and after that I decided I'd garden for a while to better my chances later on. So I guess that means I better get my other pending app out of the way!

I debated for a while between the NAF card and the Surpass card and decided the NAF card would do fine. The minimum spend is way less so my earn rate on points is actually better with this card and I'd rather not pay another $75 AF. I don't travel nearly as much as I used to so I'm really just looking to earn points I can use for my vacation plan. Sure 25K additional points and a free night could be worth a lot more than $75 but to me it's just additional spend I don't actually need.

So I jumped again. Approved. $15,000!

Needless to say that makes up for the Barclaycard downer from earlier.

This brings my total Amex revolving limit to $47,000. I'm actually a little worried about how high that is. Should I be concerned about possibly getting a FR out of nowhere? Should I preemptively lower my limits just in case? Or is them extending the credit in the first place enough of a sign that they're not worried about their exposure to me?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: Amex Hilton NAF approved

How 'bout that barclays.

Almost always brings out the very best in other Lenders for you Smiley Very Happy

Congratulations!!!

Message 2 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I'm right there with you. Because of you I just applied. It didn't show an approval amount. So I called in. I nearly passed out when the very nice lady told me the SL. She also expedited the cards without me saying a word. She said the cards would be here in 24 to 72 hours.! 

Congratulations on your approval! Amex is turning into my favorite lender!!

Message 3 of 8
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

OP-congrats!! NICE SL!!

GMood1-sooooo what's the SL?
NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 4 of 8
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@fltireguy wrote:
OP-congrats!! NICE SL!!

GMood1-sooooo what's the SL?

Just posted in another thread. Didn't want to take the vibe away from the immortal. Lol

Message 5 of 8
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yeah normally Amex gives me the SL on the approval page, but they didn't this time for some reason.  I tried calling their app status line but kept getting cut off by the robot.  Eventually I got the info I wanted via chat in the iPhone app.

Funny, the first time I looked at the response I thought it said $1500.  I figured it would be low considering I already had $32,000 plus charge limits with them.  I gasped when I saw the extra zero!

Message 6 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats Mr ImmortalSmiley Happy

So happy you said they like you not love you or Donny10 would smell this post out by a mileSmiley Wink

Hey guys, im almost there $6700 total Amex exposureSmiley Wink Does that qualify me for the kids lounge?
Message 7 of 8
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@MrDisco99 wrote:

Amex REALLY likes me for some reason.

I applied at Barclay unsuccessfully earlier today and after that I decided I'd garden for a while to better my chances later on. So I guess that means I better get my other pending app out of the way!

I debated for a while between the NAF card and the Surpass card and decided the NAF card would do fine. The minimum spend is way less so my earn rate on points is actually better with this card and I'd rather not pay another $75 AF. I don't travel nearly as much as I used to so I'm really just looking to earn points I can use for my vacation plan. Sure 25K additional points and a free night could be worth a lot more than $75 but to me it's just additional spend I don't actually need.

So I jumped again. Approved. $15,000!

Needless to say that makes up for the Barclaycard downer from earlier.

This brings my total Amex revolving limit to $47,000. I'm actually a little worried about how high that is. Should I be concerned about possibly getting a FR out of nowhere? Should I preemptively lower my limits just in case? Or is them extending the credit in the first place enough of a sign that they're not worried about their exposure to me?

A lot luv to you!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.