Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Order for Apping

tag
taxi818
Super Contributor

Re: Amex Order for Apping

@mongstradamus wrote:

Is the one HP for a charge and revolver close to 100%reliable. I was thinking of maybe picking up charge with my edp app for sole reason of padding my aaoa. Back date to 95 could help a lot 

I don't think it's too reliable.  I just apped delta Tuesday night about 10 pm. Woke up and apped green Wednesday morning. Under 24 hours bi got two hp's. But I was approved. For both. 

Message 11 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

Is the one HP for a charge and revolver close to 100%reliable. I was thinking of maybe picking up charge with my edp app for sole reason of padding my aaoa. Back date to 95 could help a lot 

I don't think it's too reliable.  I just apped delta Tuesday night about 10 pm. Woke up and apped green Wednesday morning. Under 24 hours bi got two hp's. But I was approved. For both. 

Hmm interesting so it can be an bit risky. I think the reward of having two new cards reporting from 1995 may be worth it. I don't know 😉

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 12 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

Yes. Worth two pulls for 19 yeas of history. For sure. You might get 1 pull. 

Message 13 of 19
dlh4244
Valued Member

The word is now u must wait 5 days in between apps if u want an instant approval. I guess they are cracking down on fraud
Message 14 of 19
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@dlh4244 wrote:
The word is now u must wait 5 days in between apps if u want an instant approval. I guess they are cracking down on fraud

Well that stinks guess I will just app for edp by itself 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@dlh4244 wrote:

It's actually longer than that from my experience this past month.  I got instant approved for an Amex EDP and then had to call in (because of fraud issues) for a BCE the same day.  I then apped for the Amex Plat 3 weeks later, and it was left as wait 10-14 business days to hear the decision.  I called in, and the customer service rep said that the only reason why the app hadn't gone through was becasue of fraud reasons - they wanted to make sure that I had actually apped for the card.  I ended up getting approved as soon as he let the app get through.

Message 16 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I suggest waiting for new years.

App on 12/31/14 for one card, then wait to 1/2/15 for the next app.

Same pull, Maximum backdate!

Message 17 of 19
taxi818
Super Contributor

@dlh4244 wrote:

Who told you that. I apped last Tuesday night. And apped again Wednesday morning. Both instant approvals. Not even a 1 min wait. 

Message 18 of 19
fittiger
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I suggest waiting for new years.

App on 12/31/14 for one card, then wait to 1/2/15 for the next app.

Same pull, Maximum backdate!

I wouldn't do this.  1 pull isn't guaranteed, especially being on different days, different months and even different years.  Plus, apping on 12/31/14, the approval or account creation may not happen until a day later or so, then member date would be in 2015 and that defeats the whole purpose of this recommendation.

I would app now for the charge card (this is assuming those CC payoffs have reported to the CRAs).  If you are approved, then wait until the end of January to app again for SPG.  This would give you 3 months to establish yourself with AMEX, plus the benefit of maximum backdating.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.