Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum APPROVED journey after BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex Platinum APPROVED journey after BK

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, incredible!  Congrats!

When you first got in with Amex in July, was it a prequalified offer or a cold app?

Thank you. I was prequalified from Amex website, 25000 MR when you spend $2k with Solid APR, not a range. 

Message 11 of 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Guys, I did couple Apps Spree for few cards after my EX score hit 700ish since my BK 2014. I work really hard after financially mess for 3 years and finally my score hit 700 and everything seem in order. I applied:

*June Blispay approved 5k.

*July Amex ED approved $1.4k and Ebates Visa Declined

*August for Citi Costco Approved $5.5K. 

*September my Amex ED 3x CLI Approved $4.2k

* Early October Penfed Visa declined, recon declined again within 3 days, stated Bankruptcy, Lengh of time established.

I did apps spree because I want to closed my rebuilding cards: Credit one, Merrick Bank by December 2017. They help me a lot but time to say good bye soon.

If I was approved for Penfed couple days ago, I will stop there!!! But unfortunately, tonight when I was login to make a payment of my ED card, there is another offer for Platinum card again. I hit the bullet and click APPLY (forgive me lord Smiley Wink ) and few seconds after that- APPROVED!!!  Happy Feeling!!! YAY! 

I travel for work, I travel like over 200 days a year, So i can take advantage ALL the benefit Platinum card offers 

By the way, I was AU for Amex Platinum from my cousin for 4 years before until he closed the card last year 2016.

Just want to share my experiences with you all. I love this forum so much, a lot of incredible information you can learn and share. I read it every night before I go to sleep. Once again, Bankruptcy is not a dead sentence! Learned from it and dont do the same mistake and you will be rewarded! Just be patient!

Time for me to Garden for sure! Thank you guys. My FICO8 EX 707 as today and I havent get alert HP from Experian. Hoping this is will be SP.

AmEx loves you and gave you another chance.  Just do not burn them again!

Message 12 of 19
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Great story, enjoy your PlatinumSmiley Happy
Message 13 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know. Definitely I will treat them right this time, thats for sure! Smiley Wink

I got email notice from UPS earlier that I will receive a package tomorrow. Wow boy, they're so fast sending those card!

Thank you all.

Message 14 of 19
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I know. Definitely I will treat them right this time, thats for sure! Smiley Wink

I got email notice from UPS earlier that I will receive a package tomorrow. Wow boy, they're so fast sending those card!

Thank you all.

Yes, AmEx is almost the best CC with excellent service.  Card arrives fast.  I show them my respect.

Message 15 of 19
Ardecko
Frequent Contributor

Is that the Platinum Delta SkyMiles, or the Platinum Card?

2017-09-09 FICO 08: EQ 677, TU 640, EX 705
2020-02-07 FICO 08: TU 789
2020-02-10 FICO 08: EX 752

Gardening, mostly, again until... soon(I need to replace my car)

Message 16 of 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

How did you get in with Amex prior to 5 years BK?  Is it not showing on your Exp report or something?

Yes My BK not showing on my EX report. I'm just one of those lucky bird out there. Smiley Wink

This is why you got in early before 5 yrs...its not showing on reports. If it was, you'd be auto declined for BK till after your 5 yr BK file date mark. Congrats 

Message 17 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Ardecko wrote:

Is that the Platinum Delta SkyMiles, or the Platinum Card?

Hi, It is regular Platinum card.

Message 18 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

How did you get in with Amex prior to 5 years BK?  Is it not showing on your Exp report or something?

Yes My BK not showing on my EX report. I'm just one of those lucky bird out there. Smiley Wink

This is why you got in early before 5 yrs...its not showing on reports. If it was, you'd be auto declined for BK till after your 5 yr BK file date mark. Congrats 

Yes!!! +1 Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.