Established Contributor
TheFate

Re: Amex Pre-approved - Wondering how likely it will get actually approved?

The only pre approved offer I've ever received by mail from Amex was for the Green charge Card which I have absolute no interest in

Starting Score:532
Current Score:710
Goal Score:720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Maverick7

Peeps for now I have decided not to pull the trigger. I will probably wait for a month and see if my score goes up since the Utilization went down to less than 10%. So probably will hit the apply button then. Thanks for all your help and comments. This forum is very helpful.

Regular Contributor
milkshakes

keep in mind that many times if you get rejected by amex, it only counts as a SP, not a hard pull.

still, it's probably a better decision to wait it out a bit if you expect your credit score to rise over the next month or so while the pre-approved offer is still available. Charge card UW isn't that high, but waiting a bit definitely can't hurt you

12k                    10k                     5k                 12.5k (AU)                 6k                   NPSL                   12k
Maverick7

So I went for it last night and it got approved. I am pretty sure its 50K points if I spend 1K within 3 months. 

Thats the email I got 

"

We are pleased to let you know that your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card has been approved. We hope you’ll enjoy the benefits of Card Membership.

We are expediting your Card delivery, and you will receive it in 2 to 3 days.

"

Thankyou all for chiming in and helping me out. 

Community Leader
Mega Contributor
coldnmn

Maverick7 wrote:

So I went for it last night and it got approved. I am pretty sure its 50K points if I spend 1K within 3 months. 

Thats the email I got 

"

We are pleased to let you know that your application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card has been approved. We hope you’ll enjoy the benefits of Card Membership.

"

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

My Wallet /US Bank Cash+ Signature $10,000/ Ace US Bank Signature $10,000 / Sam's Mastercard $8500
/ Walmart Mastercard $8000 / Discover IT $5000 / Care Credit $5000
/ Husqvarna $5000 / PayPal SmartConnect $4800 / Cap1 Quicksilver $4000 / Barclay Ring $3550
Last App 8/12/14 /

Senior Contributor
alvon123

Maverick7 wrote:

Thats the email I got 

"

"

congrats

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}