cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Revolver (Hilton HHonors Surpass)

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Amex Revolver (Hilton HHonors Surpass)

Congrats!  How does $2k limit compare to your other cards?  They gave me the same limit and APR with similar scores.  I also use it heavily and had to move around limits otherwise it would be maxed out each month.

Message 11 of 19
jimmyt2003
Established Member

@B335is wrote:

Congrats!  How does $2k limit compare to your other cards?  They gave me the same limit and APR with similar scores.  I also use it heavily and had to move around limits otherwise it would be maxed out each month.

my avg. limit is about $4K on my other cards. i also could max that out. my plan was to use this card in conjunction with my citi hilton hhonors which has a limit of $3K. i am going to brush up on the 61 day 3x cli thing.

Chase Military Star $4K, IHG $5K, Amazon $3K, INK $5K | BOA AAA $2.5K, Visa $4.7K, Amex $2.5K | US BANK ACE $2K | BARCLAYS WS $3.5K | CAP1 - GM $3K | COMENITY TV $3.8K | DISCOVER IT $6.4K | DSNB AMEX $6K, STORE $1K | CITI HILTON $3K, HOME DEPOT $1.5K, EXXON $1K, CITGO $800, BEST BUY MC $300 | USAA Amex $6K, WWP $3.5K, Visa $4K, MC $1.5K | SYNCRONY WM MC $4.3K, STORE $3.3K, LOWES $8.5K, GAP VISA $3K, AMAZON SC $1.1K, BP $500, SAMS MC $3.6K, TOYS $2.1K | Amex Simply Cash $10K, Hilton $3.1K, PRG, GREEN, PLUM, Plenti $2K | MILITARY STAR $5.7K | PAYPAL
Message 12 of 19
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

@B335is wrote:

B,

It's gotta factor other things in. They gave me double my highest when I got it, and have since approved a 3X CLI. Am currently awaiting a response on a 181 day 3X CLI. And I know your scores are better than mine, as yours are in the 770 range if I remember right?

Message 13 of 19
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
LOVE this card. Had it before my bankruptcy and never ever paid for a vacation hotel room. Maximize their every day spend categories and consider the AmEx 3X CLI at 61 days to see if you can bump it up.

I also have the HHonors Amex card, the free version. I have figured out when to use points based off of value, but I still have questions on other things that I haven't found. So the fifth night free is that only when you use points or can you also get a fifth night free when you book with cash? Also the 500points when you book, is that when you do a stay of 2 or more night or for each booking regardless of length booked?

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval

Message 15 of 19
0REDSOX7
Valued Contributor

JarrodPD, I am not sure how the free version works - could always call and ask them.

Also, if you don't know - AmEx can loan you HHonors points if you are short some. The amount eligible for loan much average your last twelve months of spend - I've asked for 5K and got it once. Nice little perk few people know about.
BK Discharge 2/11/14

Currently in the garden.
Message 16 of 19
ForumPheen
Regular Contributor

Congratulations!  Use it well--

Starting Score: EX 651/EQ 654/TU 668
Current Score: 735/721/732
Goal Score: 751 as lowest score by 8MAY15

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 17 of 19
Jarrodpd
Regular Contributor

@0REDSOX7 wrote:
JarrodPD, I am not sure how the free version works - could always call and ask them.

Also, if you don't know - AmEx can loan you HHonors points if you are short some. The amount eligible for loan much average your last twelve months of spend - I've asked for 5K and got it once. Nice little perk few people know about.

Thats nice to know, so when they loan you points im assuming they take them back out as your earn them? Its not just a gesture of kindness?

USAA Platinum Mastercard: $8000
American Express HHonors no AF: $12000
American Express Premier Rewards Gold: NPSL
American Express Platinum: NPSL
US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig: $5100|Chase Freedom: $7000|Chase Sapphire Reserve: $10000
Total combined CL:$42,100|Exp: 763(788Amex)|Equ: 759|Tu: 769 (04 May 2016)
Message 18 of 19
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I just need to garden and lower UTL before I can obtain that AMEX Charge Card... Thanks for info and good luck.

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.