Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex and Citi always good for CLI Love

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex and Citi always good for CLI Love

Decided to see if anything was available, hit the luv button, and went from 11k to 18k for my AAdvantage Platinum and 5k to 6k for my Expedia+ cards, and AMEX bumped me from 4500 to 9k for my HHonors Aspire card. 

But Capital One wont give me anything more for a 1k starting limit on the GM card.... and I've had the card for 3 years lol

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Amex and Citi always good for CLI Love

If your Cap One account started with a $1k SL, it was started on unfavorable terms and will forever be viewed as a starter account.  There's essentially nothing you can do to grow that account.  If you were to apply for a new Cap One product, you'd likely receive a SL 5X-10X what your current starter account limit is, or ever will be.

Message 2 of 9
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Congrats! Did you ask for 3x on the Hilton card?

And how long have you had the Citi cards? I'm thinking of app'ing for Costco card and wondering if I should app now and grow through CLI or wait until July when my scores recover from app spree 2017.

Robot Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your three CLIs!

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No I only did the 2x for the HHonors card. I've had the CITI AAdvantage now for 2 years, and the expedia for 1 year. Citi has been amazing for me.

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice increases!!

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i've had that same cap 1 card for 2 1/2 years with no cli in 2 years   i agree that it wont move.....ever

great job and congrats on the other cli's 

Message 7 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Citi luv is nice if you can get itSmiley Wink
Message 8 of 9
SomewhereIn505
Valued Contributor

Nice CLI luv!

3/16/18 FICO9 TU-700 EQ-669 EX-716
6/26/18 FICO9 TU-750, EQ-672, EX-789

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.