Reply
New Member
fico_turtle
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎11-14-2012
0

Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

Hi All,

 

Thank you for all the members. I've learned a lot from the members here, and  I got approved for the Amex TrueEarnings and BCE. YEAH!!!!

I received the card today but couldn't find my credit score. I call and they told me they cannot disclose it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Also, I applied for 2 cards(trueearning s + BCE) around the same time. I received TrueEarnings and was instantly approved but 5-7 day for BCE. Long story short, I recived the BCE approval yesterday. They pulled all  3 credit reports for true Earning but today I received another alert saying Amex pulled my Experain again. Has anyone had a similar situation? I called and they told me they will hard pull everytime I apply for any credit card.

 

the CL for TrueEarnings: 1200 BCE1000, not much but a good start.

 

came from 560 FAKO 2 years ago. 

April 2013---TU 685 EQ 671
Goal: 750+
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61
Posts: 1,481
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

[ Edited ]

fico_turtle wrote:

Hi All,

 

Thank you for all the members. I've learned a lot from the members here, and  I got approved for the Amex TrueEarnings and BCE. YEAH!!!!

I received the card today but couldn't find my credit score. I call and they told me they cannot disclose it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Also, I applied for 2 cards(trueearning s + BCE) around the same time. I received TrueEarnings and was instantly approved but 5-7 day for BCE. Long story short, I recived the BCE approval yesterday. They pulled all  3 credit reports for true Earning but today I received another alert saying Amex pulled my Experain again. Has anyone had a similar situation? I called and they told me they will hard pull everytime I apply for any credit card.

 

the CL for TrueEarnings: 1200 BCE1000, not much but a good start.

 

came from 560 FAKO 2 years ago. 


Congrats on your approvals. AFAIK, they are only required to send you your score if they did not offer you their best rates. I don't have an Amex revolver yet, so I don't have any personal experience. Oh...and welcome to myFICO!

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zpsf395b751.jpg
New Contributor
KausticRage
Posts: 55
Registered: ‎10-10-2012
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

That is correct.  I tried to get my score also and was told by customer service they could not provide it.  When I asked for my APR they said I received their lowest reate at 12.99% on the BCP.  I was almost hoping I didnt qualify for their best so I could get my FICO Exp score :smileyvery-happy:

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
New Member
fico_turtle
Posts: 6
Registered: ‎11-14-2012
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

haha...that's my initial thought too when I app for the 2nd card---BCE. I expect Amex denied my second card so they can send me the EX score......

April 2013---TU 685 EQ 671
Goal: 750+
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score


fico_turtle wrote:

Hi All,

 

Thank you for all the members. I've learned a lot from the members here, and  I got approved for the Amex TrueEarnings and BCE. YEAH!!!!

I received the card today but couldn't find my credit score. I call and they told me they cannot disclose it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Also, I applied for 2 cards(trueearning s + BCE) around the same time. I received TrueEarnings and was instantly approved but 5-7 day for BCE. Long story short, I recived the BCE approval yesterday. They pulled all  3 credit reports for true Earning but today I received another alert saying Amex pulled my Experain again. Has anyone had a similar situation? I called and they told me they will hard pull everytime I apply for any credit card.

 

the CL for TrueEarnings: 1200 BCE1000, not much but a good start.

 

came from 560 FAKO 2 years ago. 


Weclome to the forums!!!

 

CONGRATS on your approvals!!!!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Contributor
boomhower
Posts: 1,863
Registered: ‎09-20-2011
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score


fico_turtle wrote:

haha...that's my initial thought too when I app for the 2nd card---BCE. I expect Amex denied my second card so they can send me the EX score......


If your already a card holder with Amex additional card apps are only a SP with a denial. They only have to give a score with a hard pull if memory serves. 

Regular Contributor
TheSpeculator
Posts: 125
Registered: ‎03-21-2013
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

Is that true??

I have PRG and BCE a am aiming at another revolver but don't want the hard inq. A soft would be great.
__
Freedom, Sapphire, Slate - HHonors, PRG, BCE - Cap1 Platinum - Discover IT - Tiffany & Co - Jared - Best Buy Citi -
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,656
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score


indiolatino61 wrote:

fico_turtle wrote:

Hi All,

 

Thank you for all the members. I've learned a lot from the members here, and  I got approved for the Amex TrueEarnings and BCE. YEAH!!!!

I received the card today but couldn't find my credit score. I call and they told me they cannot disclose it. Has anyone had this issue before?

Also, I applied for 2 cards(trueearning s + BCE) around the same time. I received TrueEarnings and was instantly approved but 5-7 day for BCE. Long story short, I recived the BCE approval yesterday. They pulled all  3 credit reports for true Earning but today I received another alert saying Amex pulled my Experain again. Has anyone had a similar situation? I called and they told me they will hard pull everytime I apply for any credit card.

 

the CL for TrueEarnings: 1200 BCE1000, not much but a good start.

 

came from 560 FAKO 2 years ago. 


Congrats on your approvals. AFAIK, they are only required to send you your score if they did not offer you their best rates. I don't have an Amex revolver yet, so I don't have any personal experience. Oh...and welcome to myFICO!


+1 Congrats on the card and the best terms 

Welcome to the forum

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Senior Contributor
Wolf3
Posts: 3,197
Registered: ‎01-24-2010
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score


KausticRage wrote:

That is correct.  I tried to get my score also and was told by customer service they could not provide it.  When I asked for my APR they said I received their lowest reate at 12.99% on the BCP.  I was almost hoping I didnt qualify for their best so I could get my FICO Exp score :smileyvery-happy:


Seriously perverted.   If you get the best rate, who cares what the score is?

Moderator
Revelate
Posts: 9,640
Registered: ‎12-30-2011
0

Re: Amex approved!! but refuse to provide the score

Wolf: I don't carry a balance, I'd have rather had my score :smileywink:

I should've checked mine as I didn't get the best APR but my random enhanced / FICO '08 EX score is pretty irrelevant to me currently other than a forum sig line update.
Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}