cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex decline and approved within 30 day window.

tag
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Amex decline and approved within 30 day window.

Hello all, just wanted to share my experience with Amex. I've had the unicorn(zync) card since 2011 and have been declined for every other Amex card i've app'd for since then, even with scores of 690+ with a few baddies and have been approved every other major card. On 07/20 i app'd for the blue cash everyday but was declined again with a 684 ex fico and called to recon but was told by the rep i had to wait 30 days to apply again. Fast forwad to today which is 12 days later, i pif'd a few cards and brought my utilization down from 37% to 2% and ex fico jumped to 750. Re-app'd for blue cash and was instantly approved for 8k so decided to app for everyday and was also instant for 8k. Don't know if this has been discussed before but just wanted to debunk the 30 day myth if it hasnt already been. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
trant3
Established Contributor

Re: Amex decline and approved within 30 day window.

Congrats. Since you'd already have an Amex card, I suspect a SP account review may have occured in between the 12 days and recoginized the EX score change, resulting in the approvals. Also, very likely both apps = 1 HP

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! I was under the impression Amex required 5 days between credit card approvals (not the credit/charge combo of course). 

Message 3 of 10
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@MICHAELM30 wrote:

Hello all, just wanted to share my experience with Amex. I've had the unicorn(zync) card since 2011 and have been declined for every other Amex card i've app'd for since then, even with scores of 690+ with a few baddies and have been approved every other major card. On 07/20 i app'd for the blue cash everyday but was declined again with a 684 ex fico and called to recon but was told by the rep i had to wait 30 days to apply again. Fast forwad to today which is 12 days later, i pif'd a few cards and brought my utilization down from 37% to 2% and ex fico jumped to 750. Re-app'd for blue cash and was instantly approved for 8k so decided to app for everyday and was also instant for 8k. Don't know if this has been discussed before but just wanted to debunk the 30 day myth if it hasnt already been. IMG_6858.PNG

Congratulations. I guess it pays to be persistent.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 10
MICHAELM30
Established Member

Thanks all and here's the kicker, i just checked my reports and there are no new hard pulls so it appears they approved both with a softy. 

Message 5 of 10
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Persistence pays off. I've an ED and I got the BCE two days ago with a soft pull. Might be a new thing Amex is doing for card members.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My new BCE was a SP too...my Skymiles card is only 45 days old and these are my first-ever exposure to AMEX except as an AU of some sort on a business account back in the 90s.

Message 7 of 10
drboxing
Established Contributor

Congrats, I applied for the Green card 2 months ago and was declined, applied for Delta Gold and was approved for $1000, maybe ill wait a few months and try again for the Green or Gold charge card

Message 8 of 10
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy
Message 9 of 10
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congrats! with the new Amex approval.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.