cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex ... pending ... boom! ... approved ... HUH?

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Amex ... pending ... boom! ... approved ... HUH?

@RSCo wrote:

Its a system error on their status site.....  I also got the same "pending" response, and then went to their status page where it says I too was approved... Must be a bug in their system....  LOL  Smiley Happy Smiley Happy  Congrats to ya... 

BTW - my Fico is..

EQ - 708

EX - 695

TU - 665

Prob even lower as I just applied for 4 new cards in the past 2 days and got them all, PLUS a 2,200.00 CL bump from Citi... 

Date ReceivedCardStatus of ApplicationNext Step
02/12/13
DELTA SKYMILES CREDIT CARD FROM AMERICAN EXPRESS
Approved
Congratulations! Your application has been approved and you should receive your new card within 7-10 days.
If you requested a balance transfer to this card, click here to view the status of that transfer

Congrats thats the one im gardening for 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

I had the same experience, Pending, check App Status site a bit later, and approved.

There wasn't any additional pulls on any other bureau (I actually checked with how absurd I thought the approval was), but there may be another level of computer review done on accounts don't pass the initial sniff test for whatever reason.  Likewise it could be some strange bug, but it's a common enough occurrence and mentioned so often on various forums including ours, one would think they'd be aware of it if it were indeed unintentional.

Regardless, congrats!

        
Message 12 of 22
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

Congrats! I just got both Amex cards in the mail today. I got the Delta Skymiles and the BCE. When I applied for the Delta card I got the 7-10 day message, immediately checked the status site and it was approved. I also only got Ex pulled. Five days later I applied for the BCE and got a message that in order to be approved, I had to call customer service and talk to them. Unfortunately it was a Friday night, so I could not talk to them until Monday. When I talked to them they said that they were able to approve me and just needed me to verify my ss # and address, and they needed to read me a disclosure -- then they overnighted me the BCE. What a great day.... Congrats recent approvees! Enjoy!

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 13 of 22
GangnamFICO
Valued Member

I doubt its a bug in their system, prolly garden variety latency in data processing.

I had to wait 24 hours for approval.  Just got a mailer today saying my score was 729 via Experian with a long list of things that make me a risk. But still, I have a BCE en route standard mail for $2000 which I plan to spend on Valentine's flowers for my high maintance girlfriend! LOL j/k

Walmart TU Score 740
Chase Freedom($5000); CitiThankYou Preferred($5000); GEWM Discover($3500); Walmart Store($1300); AMEX Gold; AMEX BCE($6000); GE Discount Tire($1500); Mor Furniture ($4700);Cap1($750)
Message 14 of 22
creditballer
Regular Contributor

Is there another Amex card u desire?..now is the time to get it and only take one HP...Congrats!

Last App Oct 2013...applied and received Amex PRG and Blue Sky!
FICO -Walmart = 779
Credit Karma = 781
EX-766, EQ 772, TU-759
Goal: 800
Message 15 of 22
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 16 of 22
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

When I applied for BCE the momentary delay happened to me also. I checked the status page maybe a minute after apping and it was approved. Called in and got my CL which was $5400. When I got my paperwork in the mail my EX FICO was stated at 712.

I think its a glitch in their system and not a case of "borderline applicant". I wouldn't consider myself as an borderline applicant since my initial CL was $5400, and although my EX FICO was "only" 712, I've seen lower FICO applicants get approved for this card.

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 17 of 22
HindSight_20_20
Frequent Contributor

".. (didn't even seriously resist)..."    Smiley Very Happy Loll  I hear ya'   Congrats on that AMEX Gunnar419!

Goal Score: EX 700|TU 700|EQ700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

HiltonHonors AMEX 2K | Amazon Store CC $800 | Bed Bath & Beyond 2K | Lowes CC 11K | Cap 1 Secured $500 | Cap 1 Plat $300 | Cap 1 Savor 1K |Citi Secured $200 | Target $500 | Kohl's $1K | Truist Cashback 4.5K | Penfed Power Cash Back 3.5K |Apple Pay CC 3K | Venmo Sig Visa 7.5K | SECU 13.5K | Bragg Mutual FCU 10K | Best Buy Citi Visa $2.5K | DiscoverIT CB 11.5K
Message 18 of 22
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

@HindSight_20_20 wrote:

".. (didn't even seriously resist)..."    Smiley Very Happy Loll  I hear ya'   Congrats on that AMEX Gunnar419!

Smiley LOL It's really funny; I never felt a lot of temptation to apply for credit before I came here. Had one card, and only one card, for nearly 15 years. Got one other low-limit card a few years ago. Never once asked for a CLI on either. Then I come to the MyFico forums and I read about instant approvals and backdoor numbers and which card is best for what and ... I'm ruined.

Or improved, as the case may be. But hooked, definitely.

Thanks all for the congratulations and all the good advice.

Now I really am returning to the garden.

Message 19 of 22
Swapmeet
Valued Contributor

lol, +1

My Wallet:
WalMart: ||15k|| USAA Platinum MC: ||26k|| BCE: ||9k|| Chase Freedom Siggy: ||10k|| Discover it: ||6.5k|| SG Visa: ||11k||
USAA World MC: ||23k|| US Bank Cash+ Siggy: ||7.5k|| Citi TYP World MC: ||12k|| Barclays Arrival World MC: ||13k||Citi Double Cash World MC ||25k||Sallie Mae World MC ||18.8k||Fico Scores (3 Fico Monitoring): EQ 751,TU 749, EX 743. Last app: 9-12-14 Sallie
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.