Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Barclays Recon Success Story

tag
jake619
Frequent Contributor

Another Barclays Recon Success Story

I filled out the app for the Barclays Rewards MC and was told my account would require further review.  A week later I checked the status website and it read I was declined but to look for a letter in the mail.  Nope, the instant gratification gene in me told me not to wait for that so I called the credit analyst line and the Agent verified my identity and transferred me to the security department... in like 10 seconds.  Uh oh. The security agent was super nice, and said the app was declined because my address could not be verified.  I knew TU still shows my former address and she confirmed they only pulled TU.  She asked for my previous address and BAM!  $1900 CL!!!  RECONS DO WORK!

Middle fingers to you CapOne and your rigid no CLI policy for me.  Guess which drawer I'm putting your card in now?  Yep.  That one.  Oh, and if they destroy ING, they'll have even less of my money.

Time to lay low for six months I guess.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Re: Another Barclays Recon Success Story

Congrats on the approval! That instant gratification gene should have prompted you to call in sooner! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 2 of 7
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 3 of 7
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

CONGRATS

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 7
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

wish they had started me at least 1900, but i took the 1k after recon

grats!
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 5 of 7
JonStur
Established Contributor

Good for you...now contact TU and make them get your info correct!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 6 of 7
HiHiHiHiHiHi
New Contributor

Congratz

Scores: EQ-798 EX-802 TU-786

CC: |Amex PRG - NPSL| |Citi Simplicity - 22.6K| |CapOne No Hassle Rewards - 20K| |Chase Freedom 17.5K| |CSP 15K| |Discover IT - 7.8K| |Discover More - 6.1K| |GE PC Richard - 4.5K| |Amex Delta Gold - 3.5K| |Citi Goodyear - 2.5K| |CapOne Kohls - 1.5K| |GAP - 1.5K| |Macy's Amex - 1K| |Ann Taylor - 0.5K| |NY&C - 0.5K|
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.