Another CSP Approval

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Another CSP Approval

Omg omg omg...
In the garden , I am!
Lol bahh I want this card now!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 18
ednajen
New Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy , I was in your thread yesterday and I wanted to tell you to go for it. I don't know what to make of my scores as I have been getting some pretty nice cards with I believe to be average scores.  The highest score I have is 687 from TU (Walmart).  And the lowest is 634 EQ (Scorewatch).  I got both the Chase Hyatt and Amex Gold in Jan.  I have three trips I need to take this summer, decided it was worth jumping out for.   Especially now that I have priced my plane ride for two round trip tickets at 45,000 UR points total.

Go to cards: Amex BCE , CSP, Discover IT, Amex Gold NPSL
Message 12 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Just curious, how did you get two round trip tickets with only 45k points... did you transfter to united or southwest or something like that?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 13 of 18
ednajen
New Contributor

Hey Ryan!, I haven't actually earned them yet .  I was just pricing things out for when I get the card.  But I went into the UR Points Rewards area through chase.com, I clicked  "Book a trip". I chose airline, chose my dates and number of people.   I'm going to Miami (I live in DC area) in the summer.  It said 22,500 UR points something for one ticket round trip.  It will show you the various Airline options. AA is extremely cheap for me compared to other Airlines, so I chose that.  In fact  thru UR Rewards, it even shows Delta being much higher.

Then you can click on Payment Options and it will tell you how much you would pay if its cash, and how much for Air Redemption, which I assumed to be my points. But to purchase the tickets with cash is $595 so that seems to add up with the rewards sign up bonus of "40k = $500 towards travel" ad.

EDIT: The site is really funny..in a good way, I simulated what I did yesterday just to make sure I'm giving you accurate info.  I actually pretended to purchase the tickets with cash, and it told me it was no longer $595 and that the itinerary had changed and the trip was now $555. So, i could have been right when I priced it for a couple thousand points lower yesterday (it had went up to 23,800 today).

Message 14 of 18
JustJen
Regular Contributor

Did they tell you your credit score? What was your utilization on your cards that you currently have with Chase? I'm going to be doing a lot of traveling this year and I'm kinda itching for the CSP. I have the Chase United which I use for all flights....but thought the CSP would be good just in general and I can spend the 3k to get the bonus quick if I use it to book hotels and any spending I do while traveling.
Message 15 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I was looking at the Chase Hyatt earlier today!!

and the Chase Priority Club Visa!!!

I didnt realize Chase had so many awesome cards!!!! Bah. I can wait, I can wait!!

I really have to let those inqs drop! :-)

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 16 of 18
ednajen
New Contributor

@justjen No, not yet. I should receive my packet tomorrow...I had it overnighted. My utilization is 9% overall. On my Hyatt I owe nothing, I like to pif each month. Yes I got it for the airfare. The Hyatt card will take care of my hotel.

@youngandcreditwrthy I would wait if you don't feel comfortable now, but I need my points for the summer so I took a chance. Yes chase has awesome cards, my hyatt cars pays for itself.
Message 17 of 18
ElMayimbe
Contributor

I have my finger on the app trigger but I'm nervous. I don't know how CHASE feels about 30 day baddies......

BofA Amex $7500| Discover IT- $10K| Chase Sapphire Preferred $10k | Cap One $2000| Citi Hilton Reserve $10k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.