Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Discover It success story

tag
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

Another Discover It success story

I posted this in another thread, but figured I'd make a new one for myself, to help spread the word to others who may be thinking about joining the Discover family.

After reading a handful of these threads about the Discover It today, I went ahead and applied. Instant Approved for $9,500! Welcome to Discover!

This is my second highest limit (highest being NFCU at $25,000), and feels really good. Anyone else on the fence, evaluate your situation and go for it if you feel you might have a chance. I was really under the impression that you had to be firmly in the 700 club for this card (see my current scores below), but decided that worst case scenario I would be denied and have to wait 6 months (as planned). So glad I didn't wait.

Now I feel like I should go ahead and apply for AmEx BCE and Chase Sapphire Preferred, but I will try and hold out for a few months. Back to the garden...

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Another Discover It success story

Very nice!  Congrats!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 13
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Awesome limit! Congratulations!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice CL, Congrats on the approval! Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 13
Goal850
Regular Contributor

Thanks for posting, after seeing your post in the other thread I said "What the hay" and pulled the trigger. Just some background, last TU score 663 (NFCU approval in January) and EQ 643 (myfico score alert, yesterday), Util at 3%, AAOA 4yrs 4mos, 3 new accts reporting in the last 3 mos, 2 CO's over 5yrs old. And I was Approved, $1200CL!! Not my highest limit, but I am happy to get in with Discover and I heard their cards grow, so Im happy. If I hadn't seen your post I probably would have waited until my COs fell off my reports before applying so Thanks!

Message 5 of 13
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

@Goal850 wrote:

Thanks for posting, after seeing your post in the other thread I said "What the hay" and pulled the trigger. Just some background, last TU score 663 (NFCU approval in January) and EQ 643 (myfico score alert, yesterday), Util at 3%, AAOA 4yrs 4mos, 3 new accts reporting in the last 3 mos, 2 CO's over 5yrs old. And I was Approved, $1200CL!! Not my highest limit, but I am happy to get in with Discover and I heard their cards grow, so Im happy. If I hadn't seen your post I probably would have waited until my COs fell off my reports before applying so Thanks!

Awesome to hear! Glad to hear I helped at least one person on here - it's the least I could do for all the knowledge I've absorbed through reading everyone's posts.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 6 of 13
firstladyd
Contributor

Yay 4 u!! You are going to love Discover. I got the More card mid-October, $5500 limit. Statement just cut (4th statement), auto cli $1700. New limit $7200. Feels great to be rewarded with cli. The cash back is an awesome perk too. Congrats to you!

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 7 of 13
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Congrats thats a nice starting CL with Discover

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 8 of 13
colindidit
Established Contributor

Nice. I was just denied in August with a terrible score. I plan on applying later this month with my new improved scores and situation and see what they do
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing your story.  I just applied for the Discover IT using the offer I received in the mail.  I was approved instantly and was asked some questions to set up my online account.  When I tried to log in, it said "we are still in the process of setting up your online account".  The application status shows approved, but I have no idea what my credit limit is.  My Equifax FICO Score is 778 as of today.  My Experian score according to Prosper is 804.  My TU FICO score is 751 as of today.  Anyone know how I can find out what my CL is or what it might be?

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.