Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another PenFed "feel good" Story

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Another PenFed "feel good" Story

I joined PenFed on 10/31/15 and applied for a Defender card and after a day of review was approved for $16k, my largest starting limit to date.  Last weekend I decided to go for the Platinum Cash rewards card for the 5% gas.  I applied and again my app went into pendng review status. While checking my status online I saw a note asking if I was willing to transfer funds from my Defender to fund the Platinum Visa.  Mind you, I don't use the Defender that much and the $16k was more than enough ,so I agreed to transfer $10k over for the Platinum.  The Platinum was approved at a decent APR, another new account, but I got a card that I really wanted, I'm content.

A few days later I'm thinking; since I took a hp for the Platinum maybe I can get some of my limit back on the Defender with a sp.  I request a cli on the Defender and wouldn't you know... pending review again, damn!!!  A couple hours later, (mind you this is on a Sunday) I get an email asking me to call them regarding my cli request. I call and the Rep asks me, if I'm willing to transfer funds to complete the cli, huh?. Now I'm beginning to think maybe they regret giving me the initial $16k approval.  I politely decline and ask her to rescind the cli request.  She says she will leave a note on my account and we hang up.  I forget about it, but received my Platinum card and while activating it, I saw I had a message.  I open my messages and was pleasantly greeted with a congratulations message for a $1500 cli on my Defender card.  Even though it may be a small amount compared to many that I've read about.  I wasn't expecting the cli at all and had written it off.  I really appreciate the gesture on their part.  They are really giving NFCU a run for my money, lol.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another PenFed "feel good" Story

Congrats! Penfed is a great CU. Mine started from $5K to $20K in 6 months Smiley Happy. I love Penfed!

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome story!  I can't wait to join! Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @dendom02,I agree it is a great CU, I use to hear about how conservative they were, it appears as is they've loosened the purse strings in a good way.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks @NeverTooLate, hopefully you're get in soon and it will be a pleasant ride for you.

Message 5 of 9
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Good story & congrats

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

very nice! congrats! 

can't wait to get in with penfed. i just need to work on my app timing.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Outstanding! I love PenFed!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.