Instant Approval
$15k
Pulled TU
Score somewhere around 760
Tons of INQs tho not many in past year.
0-1% Utilization

Total with US Bank now:

Originally approved on recon for $500 Cash+
Then I opened up 2 Checking accounts and 4 Savings.
Since then......

Reserve Line of $5k (Instant)
Premier Line of $10k (Instant)
Cash 365 Amex (Not Instant-took 2 Days) $15k
Second Cash+ (Instant) $15k

Will be closing my $500 Card now. Lol.

They truly love Banking Relationships.
Very happy. Love my US Bank. Smiley Happy

Ps. Had SageStream & ARS froze when I applied. I keep them froze 365/year unless I need a bank account and then I unfreeze. USB is wierd that way. You need them Unfroze to open a bank account but it is better to have them froze to open a lending product. Go figure.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Another US Bank Approval

Congrats!  They obviously love you 

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow!  Congrats!

Do you have a thread on here about your recon story with them for the $500 Cash+?

I want in with US Bank but can imagine them denying me since I had $0 chargeoff with a secured card years ago.  They lost nothing because I stopped paying on a $800 balance so they used the $1000 secured deposit to make it $0.  Never hit my CRs but definitely had lates involved until the card magically disappeared about 3 years later from my reports.

Assuming they have a long memory, lol.

Message 3 of 14
irunfromcredit
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the approval!! Like you US Bank is turning out to be one of my favorites!!!
Scores 8/25/2017~ TU: 753 / EXP: 742 / EQ: 726
Goal: 770's or higher by end of 2017
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx Irish.
They do now. They hated me for so long. Then I opened bank accounts there and that was the trick for me anyway. I had to beg to get my $500 Recon Card, tho that was when I had collections and a 600 score... I’m really trying to get down to just US Bank, Discover, and Amex. But I want 2 cards at Each with total of 100k. (Plus my 2 LOC with USBank)

@ABC......I’m sure I do but that’s a guess. You’d have to search through my posts. I know I was denied and then denied when I called. I wrote them a letter and a card showed up. I had a collection at the time but not with USBank.

@irunfromcredit.... thx. They really are one of my favorites. Even before this Approval. I like their products and I also think they are different in that they are a top 5 Bank and usually those big guys suck... but they seem to really care about their customers. I like that banking relationships mean more to them than other things. What all do you have with them? I think I am done now. They don’t have any other cards I want and I have both of their LOC.... so maybe an auto loan or a mortgage but I doubt they can beat my rates.
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Letter recon for denial is pro level recon. Never tried that. Will try it next time I app and am denied both app and phone recon.

I banked with USB for years in the 90s but then moved and no branches we're convenient. Are you happy with the banking portion?
Message 6 of 14
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

DJ, are you at it again, lolSmiley Happy Congrats buddy, your approvals keep competing with each otherSmiley Happy. Well done and enjoy, just remember Easter and youll be fineSmiley Happy
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx AJC. Smiley Happy
Can always count on you for a congrats and a good laugh. Smiley Happy
Message 8 of 14
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied for my 5th USBank Credit Line
Instant Approval
$15k
Pulled TU
Score somewhere around 760
Tons of INQs tho not many in past year.
0-1% Utilization

Total with US Bank now:

Originally approved on recon for $500 Cash+
Then I opened up 2 Checking accounts and 4 Savings.
Since then......

Reserve Line of $5k (Instant)
Premier Line of $10k (Instant)
Cash 365 Amex (Not Instant-took 2 Days) $15k
Second Cash+ (Instant) $15k

Will be closing my $500 Card now. Lol.

They truly love Banking Relationships.
Very happy. Love my US Bank. Smiley Happy

Ps. Had SageStream & ARS froze when I applied. I keep them froze 365/year unless I need a bank account and then I unfreeze. USB is wierd that way. You need them Unfroze to open a bank account but it is better to have them froze to open a lending product. Go figure.

Nice US Bank Spree DJ! Those approvals after the checking/savings accounts are crazy. You're right about them being Hard-Core-Relationship based 

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on a nice SL! I went in to USB today to close on a mortgage loan. I asked my banker since they just ran my credit a few weeks ago could i use that HP for a credit card. She said yes and I was instantly approved for $18k cash 365 AMEX. I couldnt believe it!! I have 5 accounts with USB and I love them to death. I moved all my other bank accounts to USB. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.