Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another Walmart Discover Upgrade

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: Another Walmart Discover Upgrade

@MamboItaliano wrote:

Does Walmart ever issue this card as Discover or is it policy to do store-card first?

When you app you have the option of apping for the store or Discover version. If you app for the Discover but don't qualify for it, they will approve you for the store version assuming you meet that criteria.

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 11 of 14
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My TU score in Oct was around 680ish. Also I had 2 CAs that have since fallen off. TU is now clean as a whistle.
Message 12 of 14
100down0monthly
New Contributor

Congrats!  Do yourself a favor and wear sunglasses when you open the envelope.  Ha.

Message 13 of 14
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Received my letter today to expect the card in 65 days. Tbh, I'm surprised it happened so fast considering I've only had the store card since Oct with little to no usage.

GE has been good to me on my rebuilding and it's appreciated. The 22.9% APR/ no promo period will continue to be a reason why the card will get little usage and always PIF.

For those who might be interested my WalMart CC started at $700 in Oct '12 and is currently at $4000.

Awesome Lexie!!! Congrats! and Wow!! been open only a few months! I opened mine in August and with all the upgrade love i have been reading here i was hoping for a letter. Oh well, maybe soon for me also!

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.