Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-


emptypockets wrote:

I think that for this particular card, you need to use it regularly (i.e. monthly)  to get increases. I was using mine every 2-3 months, spending $50-100 at a time, then PIF. I think this is why it took me so long to get CLI'd to $4.6k and the upgrade. With other GE Cards (Dillard's AMEX, for example), with the same amount of use the card went from a $700CL to $7.5k in just over a year.

 

I have read many posts where they turn down CLI's for "not enough experience at current credit level" which is code for you haven't been using the card.


Makes sense, i wasnt sure what that stupid message meant but i assumed usage was it

Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-


AF_23 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

At the Walmart Credit card site, my FICO is 699.


well my walmart fico was 738 when i got the card. 

and was only approved for the store version. 

 

from what ive read some people see upgrades in a year some havent in 3

ymmv but i wish the best for you. 

 

and btw ive been getting discover pre approvals up the ying yang lateley.


Really ? I had a store card but closed it a while back. I applied again recently because i wanted a Discover option and i got it with 680ish TU at the time. I had the store card for a year and got no upgrade though


Really? wow... Maybe I need to call and ask for PC.. but I'll wait, I just got approve from chase freedom and cap cash card.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-

It's weird reading this because when I applied to Walmart (just for the free monthly FICO score lmao)...they didn't give me a store card...they automatically approved me for the Discover card. I guess they try to get you the discover first and if they can't...they can get you approved for the store card. I don't think a phone call would hurt. Just call them and tell them you'd like to upgrade to their discover card and most of the time...to keep their customers happy and if you have an awesome history of paying on time...they might give you discover! I have a feeling they might take your CL away if you upgrade...I've heard some stories about that with Macys. In hosue CL is one thing but Amex CL is something else.

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-


armbenderc wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

At the Walmart Credit card site, my FICO is 699.


well my walmart fico was 738 when i got the card. 

and was only approved for the store version. 

 

from what ive read some people see upgrades in a year some havent in 3

ymmv but i wish the best for you. 

 

and btw ive been getting discover pre approvals up the ying yang lateley.


Really ? I had a store card but closed it a while back. I applied again recently because i wanted a Discover option and i got it with 680ish TU at the time. I had the store card for a year and got no upgrade though


Really? wow... Maybe I need to call and ask for PC.. but I'll wait, I just got approve from chase freedom and cap cash card.


Yeh, i had 9 INQ's on my TU at the time as well. They did not tell me i was approved right away (online), but i called in and apparently they needed verification of my address and that was that. They forget to tell me it was a Discover till i asked as well lol.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-


AF_23 wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

At the Walmart Credit card site, my FICO is 699.


well my walmart fico was 738 when i got the card. 

and was only approved for the store version. 

 

from what ive read some people see upgrades in a year some havent in 3

ymmv but i wish the best for you. 

 

and btw ive been getting discover pre approvals up the ying yang lateley.


Really ? I had a store card but closed it a while back. I applied again recently because i wanted a Discover option and i got it with 680ish TU at the time. I had the store card for a year and got no upgrade though


Really? wow... Maybe I need to call and ask for PC.. but I'll wait, I just got approve from chase freedom and cap cash card.


Yeh, i had 9 INQ's on my TU at the time as well. They did not tell me i was approved right away (online), but i called in and apparently they needed verification of my address and that was that. They forget to tell me it was a Discover till i asked as well lol.

 


OMG THEY JUST DID THAT TO ME! LMAO! I applied to the card like some weeks ago and I called now to inquire about it but I had to verify some things first before they could approve it. After the card was approved, I asked if it was the in house card or Discover and she just laughed and said "It's Discover of course!!" Smh.

 

The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Frequent Contributor
Posts: 288
Registered: ‎02-06-2012
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-


maiden_girl wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

AF_23 wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

armbenderc wrote:

At the Walmart Credit card site, my FICO is 699.


well my walmart fico was 738 when i got the card. 

and was only approved for the store version. 

 

from what ive read some people see upgrades in a year some havent in 3

ymmv but i wish the best for you. 

 

and btw ive been getting discover pre approvals up the ying yang lateley.


Really ? I had a store card but closed it a while back. I applied again recently because i wanted a Discover option and i got it with 680ish TU at the time. I had the store card for a year and got no upgrade though


Really? wow... Maybe I need to call and ask for PC.. but I'll wait, I just got approve from chase freedom and cap cash card.


Yeh, i had 9 INQ's on my TU at the time as well. They did not tell me i was approved right away (online), but i called in and apparently they needed verification of my address and that was that. They forget to tell me it was a Discover till i asked as well lol.

 


OMG THEY JUST DID THAT TO ME! LMAO! I applied to the card like some weeks ago and I called now to inquire about it but I had to verify some things first before they could approve it. After the card was approved, I asked if it was the in house card or Discover and she just laughed and said "It's Discover of course!!" Smh.

 


Congrats. You gotta love GE customer service lol. The only reason i called instead of assuming a denial because of the 7-10 message was someone here mentioned our exact instances happening in another Walmart thread.

 

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,110
Registered: ‎12-29-2011
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-

[ Edited ]

Yea. I called the backdoor number to Walmart CS and they asked me if the app was for Walmart or Sams Club...Walmart of course...after some verification...it was approved. I was expecting a denial letter to be totally honest b/c I've applied for a lot of credit in the last month and I had applied for Walmart weeks ago and they never sent me a notice or even an email. LOL. App was in identity verification process the whole time smh. I'll probably never use it but I love the free FICO incentive just for having a card..my credit can take a temporary hit.. :smileyvery-happy:

 
The truth is out there...
FICO scores: 764 (EQ) 732 (EX) 757 (TU) 9/14 | Goal score: 750+ (all 3)
Tradelines: Capital One QS NPSL (5.0k) | Discover IT (6.0k) | Walmart Mastercard (5.0k) | Chase Freedom NPSL (7.3k) | Citi Simplicity (9.3k)






Valued Member
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎07-02-2008
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-

When I logged into my Walmart account online to pay my bill, I had the Discover upgrade message.  I accepted and my credit limit went form $675 to $4000.  I was shocked, my Transunion score is 706.  I was approved for the Discover More card in June with the same credit limit $4000.  I've had my Walmart store card for a year and a half with only one requested credit limit increase from $500 to $675.

Established Contributor
Posts: 792
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-


DoItDiva wrote:

When I logged into my Walmart account online to pay my bill, I had the Discover upgrade message.  I accepted and my credit limit went form $675 to $4000.  I was shocked, my Transunion score is 706.  I was approved for the Discover More card in June with the same credit limit $4000.  I've had my Walmart store card for a year and a half with only one requested credit limit increase from $500 to $675.


Wow congrats!! It's good to hear they are handing out the upgrade after only a year and a half.  I have had mine for 1 year exactly,  I can't wait.

 

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Established Contributor
Posts: 584
Registered: ‎07-20-2008
0

Re: Another Walmart Store card to Walmart Discover card question. -sorry-

Thank you guys for sharing your Walmart stories, it encouraged me to app a couple of days ago and I was approved instantly.  $500 / Store card, but I'll take it!  $22k debt, $4k cc @ 78% util (will be paying all of that next month anyway), 6 inq last 2 years, 6 unpaid collection accts, 1 pd c/o, 1 unpaid c/o.  

Pointers about use to obtain the CLI's are appreciated as well.  Hope to come back in a year or so with a much larger limit and the Discover card also!

Filed for Chap 7 4/22/15
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.